A Han Potter Trip Report

We NEVER ask what’s in the box without a reference to this movie

4 Likes

That storm is looking to materialize for Saturday. Just got some weather alerts.

Early in the pandemic my friends and I played what’s in the cup? where we ate and drank random things out of a cup to save our sanity. Those were the days.

2 Likes

Day 3 rest and resort change day

We all slept in today, which was much needed for the girls. It was 52 and raining, so we didn’t miss much by sleeping late. Everyone had a Voodoo donut for breakfast. They were good, but I felt like they needed to come with 5 units of insulin, they were so sweet.

I had reserved quicksilver for transfer, they were 20 minutes early and brought a SUV. All our luggage fit this time and we were in the Disney bubble by the time our ride was scheduled to start.

As we were driving into the bubble, DH11 said “imagine if you took your kids in here, and they got all excited that they’re going to Disney but then you just get gas and go home. They’d be so sad.” :rofl:

We’re staying at AoA, in a family suite. Our room wasn’t ready when we got here- it was only 11, so we left the bags and explored the resort. Lunch at Landscape of Flavors was good enough to stop everyone from being hungry, nothing special. We had time to kill so we decided to go to Disney Springs. We stood in a line waiting for a bus for almost 30 minutes, and just as one pulled up, the room ready text came. We bailed and checked out the room- we wouldn’t have made it on that bus anyway. We ended up in a Cars room, I had booked the generic family suite, so it was a surprise. Building 3, right next to the elevator. The girls are happy about having their own beds tonight.

DH, DD11 and I went for a swim- DD16 stayed in the room and called her mom and siblings (we’re a blended family). It was 52 and raining outside and 82 in the pool! I felt bad for the lifeguard, he looked frozen.

We did some shopping at DS and had dinner at Cityworks. I’d go again, service was quick and everyone liked their food. Sorry, I don’t think to take food pics. Now everyone is in bed, HS tomorrow!

I found this pic from our last trip in 2015

And this was today

13 Likes

That is comedy gold, right there.

Give that kid an extra doughnut.

12 Likes

I’m pretty sure she’s had several today, has to sample all the flavors.

6 Likes

A family friend had a tradition of taking each grandkid on a “Grandpa and me” Disney trip when they turned 4. Most were before a lot of the resorts on property (and to save a little money), so they usually stayed at the Holiday inn Sunspree for the pool area largely. One trip, he and grandkid got there, checked into the HI Sunspree and had pool time the first afternoon/night. When they went to MK the next day, they were there for about an hour and the kid said “Grandpa? Can we go back to the real Disney World?”

4 Likes

That’s great. My boss takes her kids to Disney springs, and tells them it’s the real Disney world. Saves her money and the kids still haven’t caught on.

4 Likes

I mean she’s not lying…

2 Likes

Day 4. Hollywood studios!

I started the day with a G+ for SDD with a return at 9. I then tried to get ILL for RoTR and it crashed 6 times. By the time the board worked again, return times were at the same time as our dinner reservations. I ended up getting one for 6:55, hopefully we’ll make it to droid depot for 7:15.
We were out the door and on the sky liner by 7:30. We tapped into the parks and went to RNR by 7:45, maybe 20 people back in the line. It started to rain while we were in line, and continued all morning. We rode RNR (DD11’s first upside down rollercoaster) then ToT, which broke down right after the drops. We sat for 5 minutes with the lights on, before we finally got to leave.

That creepy doll was next to me the whole time we waited to get off the ride.

We walked over to SDD, the line was at 80 min. Once I tapped through both spots, I booked TSMM for 11, then it changed as it hit confirm to 9:55!

I booked MFSR while waiting to board TSMM and for some reason it glitched again and left me off the reservation. :roll_eyes:

We waited 20 minutes for AS2

Mobile ordered at DB7, we all got the chicken, everyone but DD11 liked it. We walked around and killed time until our MFSR G+ at 1155. I didn’t get green, since my name wasn’t included on my G+ plan, but the CM let me through after I explained I had a pass for my family, but the app glitched. DH and DD16 were pilots, DD11 and I were gunners. We crashed but it was a lot of fun.

We watched muppets, then star tours on G+. By then it was 1, the girls didn’t want to watch shows. DD11 wanted to swim and DD16 wanted a nap so we went back to the hotel for a swim
in the rain. Now some rest time before heading back to sci-fi for dinner.

10 Likes

If you’re late to Droid Depot they’ll still let you in; just explain. I’ve been like 30-45 min early and they always let us go right away. It’s pretty relaxed in there. Also, it will take longer than 20 minute to ride RotR even with ILL because you still have to do all the preshows and wait in a line in b/w some of them.

2 Likes

Was this Saturday? It was cold that day! Not the kind of weather we want/expect when we go to Florida.

This is no good! The worst thing about UOR.

Love the pics with the velociraptor!

1 Like

Good to know. DD16 would be devastated if we missed out on that.

1 Like

Yes. We were ready to swim. I was warm compared to home!

1 Like

Our first trip to Florida, in January 2012, we visited a friend in Tampa for an afternoon. My girls wanted to swim in their unheated pool and did so thinking it was fine. My friend’s kids were not willing to go in that cold water. But Washington State kids don’t know what warm water is like if it’s outside! The Puget Sound is cold all year round!

1 Like

We were just there in a Nemo suite! I love those little towel critters in the ladies room by the lobby!

2 Likes

Edited to Add: I don’t know why this is in response to @jennyturin!

I noticed this creepy doll for the first time last Saturday!

This happened to us, but some great CM’s fixed it for us. And sprinkled some extra pixie dust on top! I hope you had similar luck.

Are you new here? The Kefta Balls and Hummus is the best thing on the menu!! :joy:

4 Likes

It was warmer than my home too, but I’m always cold. I don’t warm up well.

1 Like

I’m dying to know if you decided to go home early … :thinking: