A few more ride closures

Just read that WDW is going to close a few more rides for refurbishment. The one that hurts is Frozen Ever After- it’s only closed for 5 days but it just happens to be the five days of our trip. Sigh. (And before you comment on Maelstrom or something else, my DD is a Frozen fan and that’s her main thing at Epcot.)

The Riverboat and Tom Sawyer Island are also closing soon but at least Big Thunder Mountain is staying open until after our trip.

3 Likes

They have been having a lot of technical issues with Frozen, so the unexpected closure is likely to fix it once and for all. (Or at least once in a long while… hopefully.)

1 Like

When is FEA closed?

Nov 2-6

Thank you.

Well, shucks! We didn’t make it to TSI on our August trip and I was really hoping to go this month for nostalgia’s sake.

When is TSI closing?

But this is opening!

1 Like

I saw somewhere it was closing 10/5 until 1/2 or something. But it is still open on the Lines app. Perhaps it was a scheduled refurb that is being postponed?

1 Like

May I suggest Frozen Sing alone in HS. Much better than Frozen ever after. It is not what you may think.

3 Likes

Ugh. I am most upset about TSI. I’ve been looking forward to that for well over a year.

Or for the first time in forever?

8 Likes

The ride has proven to be a bit of a fixer-upper.

12 Likes

I didn’t even know Winter Summerland was closed. We added a night at Boardwalk Villas between our Ecpot and DHS day with David’s just to make that easier and free parking! so maybe in the evening we can do Fantasia mini-golf as I’ve never done that one and we’re now leaving today to avoid driving through Hurricane Delta…we were originally leaving Friday but 2020! My hubby wants to avoid NOLA and go through Jackson instead in case they have an evacuation order tomorrow and we get stuck in traffic…which means no beignets and three more hours of driving but he’s probably right. Also, I thought I read somewhere that these Covid Disney tickets include mini-golf? Do you know if that’s true since you know about the mini-golf closings/reopenings? :wink: I don’t know where to see that based on the ticket (we have the four day covid base ticket).

1 Like

It doesn’t look like we will be impacted as much as south midwest LA. We only have a voluntary evac for lower lying areas, outside of flood gates. Very, very few people in terms of traffic. And many just come into the city or north of Lake Ponchartrain. It looks like Friday afternoon and early Saturday will be the wind and rain. If you are coming down through Hattiesburg, Poppa’s Seafood has great Creole and Seafood dishes and wonderful beignets for desert. You might even be able to order them to go but the food is great too!

Ugh. Some things Never Change.

8 Likes

Guys. Guys. Can we just Let it go?

6 Likes

Maybe When I’m Older.

I can’t stop. I’ll see myself out.

4 Likes

Right now, or In Summer?

4 Likes

I hope they do the Next Right Thing.

1 Like