50th Anniversary Magic Band Available for Prearrival Purchase

It’s $30.

You win this round, Disney.

12 Likes

That’s pretty :heart_eyes::partying_face:

1 Like

it’s kinda odd that Mickey isn’t on it though, yet the orange bird is…

2 Likes

oh… good catch… I prefer Mickey over Orange Bird :frowning:

1 Like

Maybe they figure Mickey is on the center puck so they could use band real estate for other key characters?

It’s just so-so for me.

2 Likes

Orange Bird and Chuuby are key characters?

Where did Orange Bird come from originally? Is it just a festival toon?

1 Like

Orange bird is definitely key to the history of Walt Disney World. The other one, I have no idea.

https://www.flsouthern.edu/library/archives/digital-exhibits/the-orange-bird.aspx

Oh thank you. I feel a bit silly but not too much as I never have frequented the SSTT. Had my first dole whip last year… one and done :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

My very important hot take: I don’t like any of the 50th anniversary branding, including this over-priced, lazily designed, magic band.

1 Like

That’s just cruel putting Mr.Toad on there.

A friend of mine picked me up a 50th anniversary pin while he was there with his family last week. I like that a lot more than the magic band and it was half the price.

I agree that largely the 50th anniversary merchandise is not super appealing

1 Like

But again, the history of the park is represented :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Yeah but the rest of that is still active in the parks. Well except that owly thing I have never seen before.

1 Like

The what?

Pix or it didn’t happen.

I tried googling it and noticed there is a tagline for the 50th: The world’s most magical celebration. This, of course, gives me an excuse to get back on my hobby horse. How can it be the world’s most magical celebration if the rest of the world is not actually allowed to attend. Or is it the same world as the one in the World Series?

2 Likes

What do we think that thing under Simba is?

madame leota

2 Likes

Tomorrow. I will bring it work for my board, but I’ve been going back and forth between two offices this week and am not in my “home resort” today.

2 Likes