4 park challenge during COVID times

We are thinking of trying to hit 3 or 4 parks in a day, just as a challenge. If EP stays open until 10 or 11, we will try for 4. We will have basically had 2 days in each park and want to do something fun for our last full day. Planning a resort day the day prior (although we will go to HS for only ROTR if we get a BG) and a late brunch the following day before departure.

We need a goal for each park: maybe 2 attractions, photo pass, and a snack or meal?
With the can’t hop til 2 thing, I’m struggling with a plan. EP last but what order and timing of the first 3 parks? Has anyone done this in COVID hours? Will be June if that makes a difference…

2 Likes

I’ve only done two parks per day right now w/ covid, but I think @Randall1028 hopped to four in one day on his last trip?

You are already thinking about the different park hours and that makes sense. AK usually closes the earliest of all the parks so that would be a first stop for me and then a hop. And then EC last, as you noted they are open later. Not being able to hop until 2pm makes it more challenging. I’m assuming they will have extended hours in the summer as they have been doing for holiday times. And there are indications that some mitigation measures are being updated in the parks which might impact park hours too.

1 Like

Did it several times. I found AK was the biggest gamble in time loss more than any of the others. It seemed to be either “walk onto the bus” or “get comfortable, you’ll be here a while” situation.

If the busses at MK aren’t there or are taking a while, you can scoot off to a hotel and grab one of their park busses.

HS and EP are walkable, so either that or skyline or friendship boat (boat takes the longest unless you move at a crawl’s pace in walking).

3 Likes

I’m not a seasoned hopper, but in theory I would do something like AK 8-1, MK 2-5, HS 5-8, EP 8-11 if either Pandora ride is a must, otherwise maybe flip MK and AK if not, to be able to do more damage in 5 hours at MK. The super pro move is to fit in RotR on this schedule by starting with a HS APR to get the BG and then switching to your first actual park, assuming availability.

4 Likes

Nice, plan… you really thought this out :wink: :rofl::joy:

If I get my DW to sign off on me being able to fly down for a solo weekend or something, I would totally try a crazy marathon day and see what all I can fit in, but no one else in my family would want to tour like that.

6 Likes

Had not even considered this! I currently have APR for HS just bc I figured it would be hardest to get.

I wouldn’t like to tour like this frequently but as a challenge, I think it will be fun. We’ve found that on longer trips, once we’ve been on the attraction, our tolerance for lines and crowds is quite low toward the end of the trip. So for that reason, not having any must dos and having a challenge seems like fun.

4 Likes

I would do exactly this with AK and MK switched out simply because I don’t care about Pandora and there is so much more to do in MK.

1 Like

There are other ways to your?

2 Likes

umm… don’t know if this would be considered bad parenting but I do recall several times dragging 3 kids (ages: 13, 10, 3) to all parks in a single day. Don’t remember the point of it, but it was about being able to park hop and using it to it’s full advantage. I was much younger, of course :wink: My kids have kids now. That 3 yr old turns 30 this year :grimacing:

1 Like

Same. I’m from a family of wimps who don’t like
Good food and aren’t adventurous.

Thats what solo trips are for

4 Likes

Dd asked if we could do a 4 park challenge so I asked DS his thoughts and he is absolutely against it. DH just goes with the flow. I think we will have to do our own trip.

3 Likes

My kids are into anything called a “challenge” so I’m sure they will be in, although the fact its at the end of the trip makes me nervous. Although I’m thinking that being able to go back to all the parks for that 1 souvenir that my kid really wanted but didn’t get earlier in the trip and now we can do it without drama is a definite perk.

3 Likes

How old are the kids? I mean it definitely sounds fun if you can plan what 2/3 things you will do in each park. I definitely want to do it. I have a few months to convince ds. The funny thing is, with their personalities, dd is slow going, doesn’t want to run around and such, and ds is a competitive athlete who goes out and plays soccer for 4 hours for fun. So their personalities completely switch for Disney :rofl:

Kids are 10-16. They are Disney troopers. The 16 yo gives me 1 RD at each park and then he sleeps in the rest of the mornings and meets us at lunch, but they are willing to go non-stop from 6 am until 11 pm!

4 Likes

I wanted to do it on my last trip with my teen son and I thought he’d love it but he said no way! I was really surprised. He said he didn’t see the point.

2 Likes

This sounds like a direct quote from my teen DS!

1 Like

Because through statistical magic and thorough testing it has been determined that RD can make sure that you can get the most out of your Disney vacation.

We are Liners, so we are all probably a little neurotic which likely contributes to our desire to RD.

2 Likes

He didn’t see the point in 4 parks in 1 day, he totally sees the point of RD!

3 Likes

I also would be game for this! (In real life :joy:)

2 Likes