4-in-a-row Trip Report

Day 2 cont…
Dinner at Rose and Crown…didn’t disappoint. Had the single malt flight (1oz pours) and a beer “back”. The Coronation salad…I’ve had better salads…but the other items would have been too heavy for me. Main was the “Bangers and Mash” (I had just had Fish and Chips a few day’s earlier in a London pub…so thought I would try something else) Tasty sausages and mashed potatoes was good…I finished my plate!

I went back to Canada to make a few purchases (partner’s birthday is approaching and I think I found something he would like)

Found a nice spot for Illuminations! To the left of Morocco. There ended up being two “rows” in my area. MOST of the front row sat on the ground. (except for the woman in front of me who was recording) The back ‘row’ where I was leaned against the iron fence. Several people video recording. Question…Ive recorded this before myself…but I’m wondering how many go back and watch again? Is it worth it holding up your camera or phone and not seeing it ‘live’?

Walked the opposite direction around World Showcase to work off dinner. And then off on #MonorailGray back to TCC and #MonorailLime back to CR.

I often wonder that. At stadium concerts I find that I have to concentrate on watching the artist and not the big screen. I think maybe record with your family and friends as memories of the people you love but otherwise watch live and enjoy the moment.

1 Like

Day 3:
Started with a walk around CR and Bay Lake Towers.

Then a brief walk to MK for my ADR at BOG. I do this mostly for the opportunity to take photos of the park when relatively empty. A few “Bonjours” and my Feast a la Gaston arrived. Very tasty. Off to run on to a few rides before my first FPP. A ‘goal’ this trip was to get a picture of the Nautilus in the queue for “Under the Sea”… and was successful (I also took the ride) Always charming.

Next up…I dashed to the Tomorrowland Speedway. I’ve never been on before. I see the appeal (esp. for the younger set.) Then off to a trip on the People Mover. I wanted to look around Storybook Circus and once there decided to ride Dumbo. First time ever (not even when I was here in '73!) Loved watching the kids enjoy it. My first FPP was the Jungle Cruise…so headed towards Adventureland. After JC I decided to skip lunch and had a Citrus Swirl. Wasn’t going to eat the full thing…but i did! I have a 2pm appointment at Senses…and wanted pool time before that. Went to my FPP for Seven Dwarves and decided to cancel my Space Mountain ride, exit the park and walked back to CR and changed for the “quiet pool” Of course a family had a small speaker playing music…so I went to the opposite side of where they were.

Went to Senses for a Swedish massage which was amazing. Thought it would be raining at this point to make it easier for me to start packing. It wasn’t so…I decided to book a FPP for It’s a Small World. #MonorailBlack took me there and after SWorld walked back to CR where I did start the packing process, listened to some Joni Mitchell and sipped some wine. Next up… ADR at Artist Point.

Took one of the boats from the CR dock. Checked in to my meal. Enjoyed a “Dry Fly Manhattan”.

Amuse Bouche arrived (I completely forgot what it was, but involved shaved cheese) Ordered the Romaine salad…didn’t disappoint and the Scallops. In the past I’ve had their signature Salmon…but thought I would try something different. I briefly contemplated the 5 course offer…but held off because the next day I’ll be at Monsieur Paul’s!

Following dinner walked around the property. I had stayed there in '15 and will be back. Fantastic resort. Caught a boat back (via Camp Wilderness) and enjoyed the HEA fireworks on the way back.

4 Likes

A few of the Disney advice pages recommend NOT recording it, specifically because you can find better quality recordings on YouTube. I don’t think I’ve ever looked back at those recordings myself. Makes you think!

1 Like

I wonder this about 90+% of all photos and videos taken. I have some friends who finish a week’s vacation with over 1000 pictures. That is too many for me… :slight_smile:

It is nice to have so many photos to choose from, but ultimately we narrow them down and get a photobook done through Snapfish. It is fun to pick them up from time to time and look through our past vacations that way. Much better than a box of photos, a traditional “photo album” with too many photos, or just leaving them on the computer! :slight_smile:

I agree. And my family does the same thing (distills into a single photobook) but my recent 10 day trip to WDW resulted in 530 photos. Its still too many to sort through … :smile: but we will do it.

At the end we will have a photobook with probably fewer than 100 photos in it. And it will be PERFECT!!!

2 Likes