4, 3, 2, 1- Time to have some FARKS fun! a.k.a. 4 parks in 1 day TR (Planning Phase)

My Festival tummy is excited! :joy:

4 Likes

Yay!! So soon!!!

4 Likes

:tada::tada::people_hugging::people_hugging::tada::tada:

3 Likes

Oh my goodness! Myself, my 19 year old daughter and her best friend are doing this on Sunday 3/3. We only have one day, so we are making the most of it. We have some rides we really want to ride but are going to be flexible. Splurge on Genie+ and ILL’s and staying 2 nights at Coronado Springs. We are going to try to use as many different modes of transportation as possible. Get a celebration button at each park as well as a map, then take an iconic selfie, eat a mickey shaped food at each park. I hope we can get a character in at each park too. But I’m starting to think it might be too much.
Here is our plan. I need lots of Mickey Magic to make it happen.
Catch first bus from resort to AK
7AM- Get Slinky Dog LL Really hoping for a midmorning return time. :crossed_fingers:
Then snag ILL for Guardians based on Slinky Dog return time
ILL for Tron for evening
Rope Drop Animal Kingdom ride- Everest, Na’vi, Avatar and Safaris in that order, grab a Mickey Cinnamon roll from Kusafiri Coffee Shop and Bakery.
Catch bus from AK to Carribean beach resort(Unless there is a bus running to Hollywood studios)
Take Skyliner to HS
Hollywood studios ride- Slinky Dog, Runaway Railway, Toy Story Mania. (order to be determined by LL and ILL), Mickey Pretzel (still trying to figure out the best location for our pretzel stop)
Take Skyliner to EP
Epcot rider Remy and Guardians
Mickey sweet treat at Epcot
Monorail to TTC
Ferry or Monorail to MK
Magic Kingdom
Rides: Tron, Space Mountain, Mine train, Big Thunder Mountain
Fireworks
Mickey Ice cream
Ferry or Monorail back to TTC
Bus back to Resort

5 Likes

Exciting! We will have similar plans it looks like.
I hope you don’t mind a few suggestions below. If so, just ignore me! I’ve never done a 4 parks and generally don’t RD but I do look at wait times and LL return times in obsession, lol.

I would swap these. Get the Tron ILL first and then go for the Guardians ILL. Or better yet- have 2 phones going- one do the Slinky LL grab and one get the Tron ILL. Then focus on the Guardians ILL. Tron ILLs go a bit more quickly than Guardians. And I can imagine the night is a more popular pick.

Also, I think that your Avatar (FoP) wait will be very long in that order. Everest will have the shortest wait among the 4 and but it also looks like a lot of extra walking. If you are at the front of the rope drop pack, I would do FoP or Navi first. Then go to Safaris and then head to Everest. I would play around with some touring plans to see how that works out.

I’ve read that the buses don’t start park to park until around 10am. How is the walk from the main hall at CB to the Skyliner? I don’t know the answer to this. I thought you had to take an additional internal bus. If so, it may be just as quick to grab a Beach Club or Boardwalk bus too, depending on which gets there first out of the 3. Then grab the Skyliner. It’s easy to transfer from the Epcot line to the HS line.
Also, I see your taking the Skyliner from HS to EP. If you want to knock out a boat ride (and possibly skip the Ferry to MK) The shuttle boat to HS from Beach Club, Boardwalk and Yacht Club is super quick. When I’m at the Swolfin it is the only way I travel to HS. I love that little ride.

Remember, as of now you can be up to 119 minutes late for an LL. The only one I wouldn’t push it for is Slinky but TSM and MMRR it’s fine. I would do TSM before or after Slinky. Also, MMRR times advance much quicker than TSM. If you plan on doing HS as your second park, I do not think you will get LLs for all 3 in time (SDD, MMRR and TSM) I would plan waiting in a line for one of these. I would think TSM has the shorter wait mid-morning but that may need to be verified with data.

My favorite pretzel in HS is alllllll the way by RRC. I wouldn’t walk there just for that. I think you can also get one near MMRR at a cart.

Big IF- You could potentially get a VQ for Guardians and buy the ILL for 7D Mine train to save time in that line. It’s a very cute queue, but I can imagine it would take over an hour in the evenings in standby. Also, for the GotG VQ, you can go back anytime. To get an early VQ time for GotG you have to tap early though. So 2 phones is essential. If you haven’t checked out the BG1 thead and are good with technology, I would do so. I don’t think I would try to learn any advanced strategies if you haven’t done so already. Too much info before your trip in 2 days. Your mind will be :exploding_head:

I like your plan! I hope you have great weather. And please, if I’ve overstepped, forgive me. I just like to be helpful and sometimes open my big mouth too much. :blush: But if you have any questions, I’m happy to help.

3 Likes

@jandsking to clarify- you can be late but I wouldn’t make it more than an hour. If they are super packed I would be worried something would change and that unofficial grace period would get chopped. I think there was a bit of discussion of this happening just a time or 2 over the years.

1 Like

So last night DH had a sore back. This morning it was 10 times worse!!! I told him he didn’t have to do anything but rest because we leave for Disney in 6 days. I told him he would have to get a scooter if he can’t walk it. He said he’s not doing that but he can get a wheelchair and I can push him. :roll_eyes: Not happening. But now I’m wondering what options I have to think about if he really can’t do the walking.
How do they handle the scooters in line? Can most of them fit the scooters? Really he could stand in short lines I’m sure. But I don’t want to presume anything. 6 days- he better rest by then!

3 Likes

For most of the rides, scooters do fit, but if they don’t they either have alternate entrances or transfers to a wheelchair. POC is one you have to transfer. PM you have to be able to walk.

3 Likes

He does not want to be pushed in a wheelchair at WDW with back pain. Those things are the worst for back pain, especially at AK.

3 Likes

Thanks for that info :pray: Hopefully it won’t be that bad. But always good to plan.

I’ll let him know that too! Honestly, I’d rather an ECV over a wheelchair. They seem so much more comfortable.

4 Likes

They definitely are.

3 Likes

ECV are 100000% better. We always use https://scootorlando.com/ they are amazing and don’t break the bank. Contact them asap and they might be able to get you one for this trip. Their customer service is fantastic and they will try to meet you at your hotel without it being a big deal. Text or call me if you need anything about ECVs.

2 Likes

Plus, a wheelchair means she would have to do double duty to push him. ECV he can run on his own.

3 Likes

He’d be left at the front of the park :joy: I can’t push a wheelchair for very long. I’m sure it’s above my 40 lb limit anyway.
I would probably just rent from the parks since we will only need it 2 out of the 4 days we are there- IF we need it. He’s doing ok now- but I think that’s due to medications and not actual healing. He’s outside playing pool with a friend :tired_face: He’s selling the pool table tomorrow. So tonight is last use. He usually doesn’t take care of himself so I can forsee him having trouble in the parks.

2 Likes

LOL! That is true, but she needed to give him reasons why that wouldn’t work.

3 Likes

I told him he’d end up in one of the waterways, lol. He said he “doesn’t need anything” and “will be fine by then”. I think he’s underestimating my plans, lol. We can always juat rent an ECV at the parks. But I’ve vetoed a wheelchair already, lol.

3 Likes

Good plan.

3 Likes

Excellent!! :clap::clap::clap:

2 Likes

:sun_behind_rain_cloud: So looking at the forecast for next weekend it looks like the rain chance has lessened but the temperatures crept up a bit!
:sunglasses: High in the mid 80s. I have to rethink clothing. While I like it warm I don’t want to be hot! I was planning jeans and t-shirts (shorts for DH) but now I’m wondering if I should switch to dresses or shorts- neither of which I wear very often IRL.

I have problems with chaffing when I walk a lot in anything but the coldest weather. My stupid skin is soooo sensitive. So once I chafe, thats it- I’m done.

:woman_cartwheeling::person_cartwheeling: Normally when I’m planning to do a lot of activity (Disney definitely qualifies) I wear anti chaffing legging shorts under pretty much everything (except actual leggings). I don’t wear shorts a lot in general. But I might be self conscious if my leggings peak out under my shorts. But I might feel over dressed in a dress.

:woman_facepalming: Geez Ums. I better figure this out, lol.

Anyone else wear dresses in Disney? Do you feel comfortable?

:luggage: Also, I had a chance to unpack the Spirit/ Frontier personal size bags and I think it’s totally doable to pack what we need in those. So I save like $150 in baggage fees :partying_face: (minus the $45 spent on the bags but I get to keep those, lol)

7 Likes

Yes and yes.

3 Likes