2nd trip to Disney

Those are amazing wait times.

1 Like

We knew if the last month or so held true that the afternoon would see low wait times so that is why we decided to leave the park for almost 3 hours. We had no interest in standing in those lines from 11-1. People are waiting early in the day for TSM 60 minutes and we went on it with a 3 minute wait. If ToT would have opened early instead of 10 minutes before park opening we would have gotten a little more done.

2 Likes

Took an Uber to AK this morning. Uber picked us up around 8 and we were held at parking until about 8:20 and then again until 8:30. We were in the park at 8:38 and went straight to FOP. The ride did not open until 9:00 and we were off it by 9:25. Now in line at Navi. I also promised a picture of the tree.

7 Likes

GET CLOSER! That Tree!!! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Navi was a 13 minute wait. Off that and in line at EE now. I will get a better picture of the tree in a little bit

5 Likes

6 Likes

Well I found out how to get a free bottle of water at Disney. You get suck after riding EE. I have struggled on this trip with motion sickness for some reason. I don’t know if it while wearing a mask or the heat but it hit me hard on that ride after riding FOP this morning. So we took a detour and sat in Dino Land and got a cooling towel. Then I felt better so we got on KRR. The motion on that did not bother me. Then we walked back to KS and grabbed some breakfast sandwiches from a cart and have just been sitting in the shade relaxing. We are going to do KS next and hopefully I feel back to normal to finish out the day. I also managed to get a little closer picture from the backside of the tree.

8 Likes

Bummer! Hope that :nauseated_face: feeling doesn’t come back! Loving your trip report, though. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh that’s terrible :frowning:

Do you have allergies? My allergies have been awful this summer/fall and I find I am prone to a bit of vertigo if I don’t stay on top of my allergy medication.

I’m glad you’re feeling a bit better.

Also, thanks for the tree pics :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For our trip in August, I was concerned about motion sickness on a few things. Generally, I’m not bothered by motion sickness…but as I’ve gotten older, I’m finding I’m more prone. But motion sickness medication knocks me out.

I tried the “Less drowsy Dramamine” (aka “Bonine”) prior to our trip, but it still made me super sleepy. So instead, I took a HALF a pill each morning before heading into the parks. The activity of going to the parks was enough to counter the sleep-inducing effects of the medication, but a half pill was still enough to keep me from feeling nauseous, even on Mission:Space Orange.

1 Like

I had some sick feelings mornings at the parks myself last week. I think I was a little dehydrated in the mornings. So I just sucked down a ton of water when I could and then tried some sugary snacks. That seemed to help.

1 Like

I have recovered pretty well after sitting for about an hour outside KS. We got up and went on KS and it was basically a walk on. I think we waited 3 minutes to load. Then we did gorilla falls and now are on the train to Rafiki. May not do any more rides but are going to check out as much of the park as possible.

4 Likes

Oh no. I hope it improves.

I have never had allergies but the last year or two I have had more issues with sneezing and stuff so maybe I have developed allergies or just not noticed when I was younger. My wife did have some motion sickness meds so I took those while we were waiting. Now we are getting ready to draw Simba

2 Likes

Some of the pictures from KS and Gorilla Exploration

8 Likes

Were those eggs?

They are Disney Real ostrich eggs

5 Likes

Love KS! :slight_smile: The show on Disney+ showing all the vets and trainers was a great idea. I wish they would do a show like that for the other parks. I would watch someone paint a railing or powerwash mainstreet for a half hour. anything to help my WDW withdraw.

6 Likes

Or plant the big Mickey face!

One time when we were rope-dropping DL we walked by (in a crowd) some planters that were fenced off for work. I looked down and there were 3 or 4 workers crouched down inside! They were busy painting something. It was a little peek behind the curtain. I wondered … did they not finish on time to get out before the hordes descended? You could not see them unless you passed right by and looked down. I’m assuming they were gone within 10 minutes.

1 Like

Ostrich eggs