2024 Hurricane Season

Might as well get this set up so it’s ready when needed.

Useful Links:

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

Super early take:

TLDR:

5 Likes

This reminds me

4 Likes

Hurricane Jerry doesn’t sound too scary.

But watch out for Hurricane Nana.

5 Likes

This! I could smell the boiled crawfish from the parade route but my husband said “no we can’t buy any on the way home” :frowning:

4 Likes

Oh, I don’t know…

4 Likes

It’s soooo expensive. Rouses had it $16.99 lb boiled :flushed:

We’re seriously thinking of doing something different on Good Friday. Normally we get together at a friends and do 4 sacks plus 20 lbs of shrimp. That could be $2-$3K. No way.
DH said crawfish traps and shrimp boots are cheaper :joy:

3 Likes

Here’s an article from CNN today, titled, “It’s already hurricane season in the waters of the Atlantic. That could spell danger with La Niña coming” The focus is on the abnormally warm waters of the North Atlantic and other areas this early in the year.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/18/weather/la-nina-hurricane-season-climate/index.html

3 Likes

I swear they just claim El niño versus LA niña just to sound alarming. You know. They say due to a Super El Niño, or because of El Niño, or because of a falling El Niño, or because of La Niña, or because a butterfly flapped its wings in Sudan, we can expect an unusual Hurricane Season. Maybe starting now… maybe starting late.

You’d think they were trying to predict the weather or something!
:grin:

4 Likes

Pretty sure they are just as sucessful now as they ever were too. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

You’d think 🫎

2 Likes

1 Like

Last year I remember our forcasters saying we should see El Nino effects for the next few years. The westerly winds really do help to “blow” the storms away. One year. :roll_eyes: We got one year.

Mostly OT, but not a good harbinger of any kind of normalcy in 2024 weather.

Largest wildfire in Texas history happening in the panhandle. And it’s snowing. :persevere:

The 2020s just have a surprise around every corner…

2 Likes

I hope that snow helps! They were talking about the fire this morning on our local news but not about the snow. I thought we had some liners here from the Amarillo/ east OK area…

1 Like

First report of the season but they say this system is not going to be an issue and no further reports will be released

2 Likes