2023 Points charts released

We will need to watch what happens with BRV. They currently sleep 5 in the studios but 4 in the 1-bedrooms and are next up for renovation. I love the little chipmunk beds and hope they never leave!

3 Likes

This is the sole cause of our addon-itis.

2 Likes

The only issues is I’m not sure where they would add that extra capacity in the OKW 1BR.

Ask me again after april

Also OKW was fairly recently reno’d (finished 2019 IIRC) so it’ll be a minute anyway

I think it was funny (to me) how quickly we were able to downsize from wanting a 1-bedroom with a baby to now my kids are young enough to share the pull-out or have one on the pull down bed we can do a studio. I’m going to milk that while I can, it’s just availability that worries me.

2 Likes

I agree, the current layout in the common room wouldn’t accommodate that twin murphy, but they could put it in the bedroom.

Oh see. LOL. That would negate that for us too LOL. I don’t want to share a room with my husband and my kids :smiley:

2 Likes

I know… I thought about that too, but it would add a 5th sleeper :wink:

May as well stay studio then!

1 Like

oh sure, but we get the 1br b/c of the kitchen and in room laundry.

100% stretch those points out! We’re now a party of 7 that needs 6 separate beds. Back in the day, DD used to share w/ DH and I and our younger DS would share w/ Grandma. Now I’m lucky if the kids will even share a room. :sweat_smile: It’s a struggle.

3 Likes

No. SSR studios still only sleep 4.

The wall beds will replace the sofa beds across all resorts except one.

I think what they will try and do is remedy the anomaly at those resorts where a studio sleeps 5 and a 1-bed only sleeps 4.

For example, a BCV 1-bed only sleeps 4; there is no single Murphy bed. Same for BWV and BRV I think. Can’t remember where else. One issue is to add the single Murphy bed, like they did at SSR, they have to sacrifice something. In SSR 1-beds there is no storage at all in the living room, except the little cube table with lift up lid. The drawers are gone because of the drop down single Murphy bed. That rules it out for us, even though the youngest would fit on the single Murphy bed.

In BCV I’m not even sure there is sufficient space to add that single Murphy due to the room configuration. They might be able to remove the breakfast bar and put it there.

The big problem at OKW is that there is nowhere to even add the wall bed to replace the sleeper sofa without either altering one of the windows, redesigning the kitchen area or blocking the access to the hallway and access to the bedroom - if there dis enough room at the angled wall it would extend right across the egress which would surely be a fire code issue.

1 Like

BRV too!

1 Like

I cheated and edited my post when I saw yours which mentioned it. :joy:

1 Like

Haha sorry I was speedy.

I like this typo as we are talking Dis

2 Likes

I will not pretend to know all the room configurations. So, I’m learning new stuff.

There is so much lovely space at OKW 1bv and I would hate to loose any of the natural light from the windows. We really liked that space.

1 Like

There is that sort of slanty wall though that I have wondered if could be used for a twin-sized murphy bed.

I’m not at home so I’m not sure I have a photo.

In the right in this photo in the living room where the twin sleeper chair is

3 Likes

We are assuming a flip down bed like we have seen in the other locations. But they might be able to design a twin sized Murphy bed that pulls down long ways instead.

1 Like

Like!

1 Like