2021 Hurricane season updates

:blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart:

1 Like

:spaghetti::spaghetti::spaghetti::spaghetti::spaghetti:

2 Likes

Yepā€¦ Iā€™ve been waiting to post anything since they keep saying itā€™s too soon to tell, but then they say itā€™s going to follow Fred and be a nothing. :wink:

1 Like

That one yellow looks like a 2 year old scribbled on it with a yellow highlighter.

1 Like

Looks like Grace is following Fred

2 Likes

not much is changingā€¦ :grimacing: I hate speaking too confidently when it comes to hurricanesā€¦

1 Like

How is your grocery store water supply looking? :laughing:

Andā€¦I know this is a Disney forum and allā€¦but those things are headed inland somewhereā€¦. Just sayinā€™ā€¦ :persevere:

3 Likes

I havenā€™t been inside a market in a few weeks (doing curbside pickup). But water and bread shelves stock is a dead giveaway to the weather :wink:

1 Like

Iā€™m sure local TV would be showing the shelves if they were bareā€¦ :roll_eyes:

1 Like

this isnā€™t a spaghetti model, thatā€™s over in aisle 3 :spaghetti::spaghetti:

2 Likes

bread and milk up north when there is snow

1 Like

At least up north you have an outdoor freezer to keep food in if the pwr goes out. My grandma used to keep things on the back porch in MN, all the time.

2 Likes

yes Itā€™s very helpful especially to keep your beers frosty!

1 Like

peppermint schnapps never freezes :wink:

the last sentence is funny

Its prediction aligns with Colorado State Universityā€™s sub-season prediction regarding the past two weeks as the year transitions to the peak of season. The Atlantic is estimated to observe an above average amount of tropical activity, said CSU meteorologist Philip Klotzbach, citing warm temperatures as the reason.

ā€œThe Caribbean is now warmer than normal, while tropical Atlantic [sea-surface temperatures] have also anomalously warmed,ā€ he said. ā€œCurrent [sea-surface temperature] patterns fairly, closely resembles an August active Atlantic hurricane season pattern.ā€

Regardless of whatā€™s served up in the coming months, McCann warns residents that now is the time to prepare.

ā€œIf you prepared a kit at the start of the season, now is a good time to check in again and take a look at what you need. I usually take advantage of Publix BOGOs and place some items in the kit from there,ā€ she said. ā€œYou donā€™t want to wait until the last minute when a hurricane is forecast to come.ā€

And while you prepare maybe even grab some of those green onions, squash, and eggplants. After all, they are in season.

2 Likes

Floridaā€™s bid bend and panhandle are forecast to get 4 to 8 inches of rain with isolated maximum storm totals of 12 inches are expected.

8 a.m. forecast graphic for Tropical Storm Fred on Monday, Aug. 16, 2021. (The National Hurricane Center)

Fred has had a hard time developing ever since its clash with the Hispaniola mountain range last week, which left the storm sheared and limping. However, after a tour through the Gulf, Fred was able to collect strength Sunday and regain its tropical storm status thanks to the 85 degree sea-surface temperature, according to Spectrum News 13 measurements. Fred still remains a sheared, an unbalanced storm with its upper-level circulation tilted about 40 miles northeast of its low-level center, the NHC said.

On the forecasted path, Fred is predicted to keep growing stronger as it impacts the panhandle Monday with maximum winds possibly reaching just over 60 mph. It is expected to reach the Florida-Alabama line by early Tuesday morning, retaining its tropical storm status, but should diminish in strength throughout Tuesday.

A storm surge warning continues along the Florida coast from Indian Pass to Yankeetown Monday morning with 3 to 5 feet possible in some areas.

Butā€¦butā€¦butā€¦Fred is going to be a big nothing!

Pfft. Floriduh is the Orlando airport, the WDW property, and the strip of the Greenway that connects them. Anything else is an urban legend.

2 Likes

Pfft Iā€™m quoting experts. Attack them. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Oh, yay!!! Fredā€™s gonna bring rain to dry East Tennessee!!! Oh, man, we need it so. Hurry up, Fred!

1 Like

Well, it actually doesnā€™t sound horrible as far as hurricane standards go. (I was a little concerned how much time it would spend over open water how much it would re-organize and strengthen.). If it moves through quickly, that will also help. Itā€™s the ā€œcircle and squatā€ storms like Allison and Harvey that get super problematic from a rain event perspective.