2019 D23 Announcements

LOL about the SW hotel price. My family of 5 can do a 5-day parks trip on site with dining for less than the cost of 2 of us going to the hotel. We’re clearly not their target audience

4 Likes

And this is how Disney will justify the high prices. It is their business model to create scarcity, and then upcharge. Not that I can blame them. They’ve done it over and over again. For example, drive everyone into the Main Street Central Hub area by changing their fireworks show to include castle projections. Now, more than ever, there is scarcity for a good viewing area. This allows Disney to create upcharge events, such as Dessert parties.

Create whole lands within only two rides (such as Pandora, SWGE), and now you have everyone fighting to get FPPs and so willing to pay more for on-site hotel stays to get that 60 days out. Scarcity drives profits once again.

The entire ADR/FPP systems are BUILT upon creating a sense of scarcity.

So, 200 rooms for the SW hotel only makes sense. They will be able to charge astronomical prices for years to come.

4 Likes

But I have to wonder who IS their target audience. (Aside from the obvious “the wealthy”.)

I suppose all those folks in the 80s/90s who made their fortunes in the tech fields who are all geeks and nerds? (Wait…that should be me! Except the whole fortunes part.)

4 Likes

That goes along with what Len and Jim Hill have been talking about with DCL. I am used to receiving surveys from Disney and I received one after my GFV stay. A couple of days after my cruise Disney sent a survey regarding that. I have never completed a survey that had these salary ranges:

Actually- not salary. They were asking about savings.

4 Likes

Well, I just choked on my lunch…

3 Likes

WOW! I’ve seen salary, not savings. Is “None of your Damn Business” an answer?

3 Likes

Sorry, since when do we take WDWNT’s speculations as gospel?

You’re right- I think they are under reporting it.:grinning:

3 Likes

There are walls up already all over the place. Seems like Innoventions West will be next to come down once they finish the monolith demolition. The walls currently go right up to Coral Reef I think.

The pavilions will remain open, there may just be different paths created for a while and then re-routed.

And then there’s a brand new oval shaped building to go up in the south west corner of that central area (nearer the lagoon) which is the festival centre. Seemingly three storeys, with a restaurant at the top.

On the East side, the buildings stay and that becomes a food and beverage hub, with Mousegear (or whatever the new name might be), outdoor seating and maybe the rumoured beer garden.

The whole thing will take around 5-6 years.

1 Like

Okay. I’ll start work on my touring plan for 2025, then! :wink:

1 Like

About 2 hours ago, as of this post! :wink:

1 Like

Definitely remain skeptical of WDWNT posts, but that doesn’t mean they’re wrong all the time. There appears to be something to the Brazil pavilion rumor. It seems likely to be true, but we only have to wait until Sunday afternoon to know for sure!

3 Likes

One of the Disney press sites described the Star Wars hotel as a 2 night experience

3 Likes

“reporting” is the very operative word here. They’re not reporting, they’re speculating.

That said, I actually do think it will be more expensive. Look at how much the cabins/villas/suites go for. What was that one upgrade that someone got at the GF? They said it runs $2-$3K a NIGHT? Sure, it’s spacious, but it’s still just a room at the end.

$3,300 for 3 day/2 Night immersion, with included food, costumes, and (very likely) props/souvenirs, plus whatever else they throw in; I think is low balling.

oh, definitely not. Just consider the source before one starts to lose one’s mind over the price written down :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Take me how I am. I started listening to the wdwnt podcast in 2007. The Tom Corless I know is different from the one you do. I cannot change that about me - but I believe there is another thread about that?

3 Likes

Ah, I see what you mean. Hopefully it’s more interactive than just a walk through!

1 Like

They’ll probably start selling fish hooks like US sells wands :joy: But seriously Disney, I would buy one!

4 Likes

Space Camp has a family space camp and an adult Space Camp! You can still do it! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.cinemablend.com/news/2478479/the-rumored-price-for-the-new-disney-star-wars-hotel-is-pretty-intense

1 Like

It looks like these “rumors” are actually a released story?

2 Likes