2019 D23 Announcements

I am trying to start a thread where we can post links to the announcements and any live streams of the panels.

7 Likes

Last nightā€™s announcement:

13 Likes

Iā€™m loving the Moana ride! Not just for Moana, but Iā€™d also love to see more educational/interactive attractions at Epcot :two_hearts:

1 Like

I think this is the first of many Epcot announcements this weekend!

1 Like

Based on the concept/name/jumping fountains, it makes me think this will be where the Journey Into Imagination area is, but revamped. Thatā€™s pure conjecture. I guess weā€™ll have to wait for more details.

2 Likes

I am so happy for this but it feels so AK to me. I am very intrigued by the direction Epcot is taking.

8 Likes

Two years ago I watched the park panels on periscope. I am hoping someone will do that again? Do you think FaceBook live or YouTube would be more likely?

I will admit when I saw this announcement my first thought was how far Epcot is moving for its original design. I am not saying that is good or bad but I suspect for many Epcot fans this announcement could be shocking- or maybe not.

1 Like

It has been far away from that for some timeā€¦so in many ways, I think if they are moving to an entirely NEW concept for Epcot, Iā€™m okay with that as long as they actually have a long-term vision. Epcot has felt visionless of some time. But if the rumored ā€œfour neighborhoodsā€ idea is done right, I think it could be a great ā€œnext generationā€ Epcot idea.

2 Likes

I agree that it has been trying to find a new identity. I also know that change is difficult for some people, including some members of the Disney communityšŸ˜€

1 Like

I like it! Iā€™m an Epcot fan. I donā€™t mind what they do to future world. I have had a hard time when they take educational rides from countries and Disneyfy them - Iā€™m talking about you FEA and Grand fiesta tour. I like how they do incorporate Disney characters in the World Showcase- I think that helps kids relate to the culture.

1 Like

Iā€™ve read that it will be on the way into the Seas Pavillion. I have no idea whether itā€™s true.

2 Likes
4 Likes
2 Likes

Thematically, that makes more sense. I was just thinking about the jumping fountains that exist. But there is no reason those jumping fountains need to remain where they are. Building jumping fountains by The Seas means they are free to clear out the area by Journey for something else entirely.

1 Like

I was thinking that it would be aligned to the Seas. Honestly, my first thought is that this is where that wdwnt rumor about the seas might have come from. I am wondering in something will pop up about the Land.

1 Like

Iā€™ve seen the Moana water feature described as a water maze. And it should be going into the north west part of FW, leading you to The Seas from the new Hub between SE and the lagoon. So behind where Starbucks in Innoventions West is currently.

There is concept art somewhere of that area, Iā€™ll see if I can find a link to it.

So in the top picture from the DPB, you can see The Seas in the bottom right, and vaguely make out where the Moana water is between there going towards Imagination.

The lower picture shows some impressions of what it may look like.

4 Likes

Okay. Yeah. I think I see what you mean. With that entire building gone, it makes sense to fill in that area like that. This makes me really excited to see the full announcement and future for Epcot!

Epcot has, for me, almost been my favorite park (MK edges it out slightly). So it has been sad to see it lose focus over the years. Iā€™m excited to see it being transformed back into a park that will be able to hold its own.

Of course, now my concern will be four our May 2020 trip. I wonder how much all this new construction will impact us. I was thinking 2 days at Epcot (which is generally the case). Hmm. Makes the idea of park hoppers for that trip much more reasonable since I think Epcot might temporarily become a 1 1/2 day park instead until all this new work is done.

3 Likes

Some reports are saying 2 day experience, I see this is saying multi-day. I had read before that it would be 2, 3 or 5. I would like to hear more but I guess we have to wait!

1 Like

In the link I just posted it says 2 nights.