2019 D23 Announcements

So it does, I knew I had read it somewhere! Maybe they have realised that at those prices they’re not going to get many takers for 5 days.

I know DH will want to splurge at some point at stay at this hotel. I’m “meh” about the whole thing. I like Star Wars, but not a die hard fan. I don’t know how I feel about staying in such a barren, sterile resort. If I’m paying that kind of bucks, I want comfort and natural surroundings.

1 Like

To me, the hotel really isn’t “Star Wars” specifically (well, in many ways), but more generally “science fiction” with Star Wars influences. As such, I think it would be a fun experience in that sense.

There was a time in my youth I was saving up money to go to Space Camp in Alabama. (I ended up using the money to buy a computer instead, but I had saved for over two years!) To me, this sort of becomes like that Space Camp dream experience.

4 Likes

Not announced yet but WDWNT seems to think the addition of Brazil to WS is all but a lock.

What is the anticipated pricing?

I have heard that on at least 3 podcasts. I wonder if it will happen.

1 Like

I don’t know how accurate the rumors (or websites posting them are) so I don’t want to post any links or give attribution here, but if you google “star wars hotel pricing”, you will see articles with rumors of astronomical pricing.

This doesn’t sounds like a ride to me. More like a viewing and/or short walk through experience.

3 Likes

I like the list of changes here

https://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/tron/news/23aug2019-photo---new-tron-concept-art-shows-a-number-of-changes-since-the-original-announcement.htm

2 Likes

I’m a bit sad that my kids will never get to experience the unique theme park of 1980s/1990s EPCOT, but the new stuff is just accelerating the changes that have been going on for about 20 years. I wish WDW would have updated Horizons, World of Motion and Wonders of Life instead of replacing/closing them. The said, the park is a mess now so I’m excited for the changes even though these types of changes would not be my first choice for the park.

7 Likes

Agreed! The rides (all 2 of them) were better before the changes. But, I do like that WDW added the Disney characters throughout world showcase.

1 Like

This was what was posted about the pricing the other day

Googles star wars hotel pricing

:rofl:

No, stop, really. I can’t stop laughing.

1 Like

What? $3,300 per person is not what you had in mind? “It is like a cruise.”

6 Likes

In fairness, the price to add additional guest to a single room will most likely be less than $3,300 per person.

Even if the rumored pricing is true, I still think the hotel will sell out for many years. With only 200 rooms, it doesn’t take many people to fill it.

2 Likes

I WAS excited but now it’s a hard pass for me. I think only major Star Wars fans and people that can throw around an extra $3-$8k for a 3 day experience will do this. And a cruise is NOT that expensive, lol. Can do multiple cruises for that price tag :smile:

3 Likes

I will admit I was a little put off by the cost of a 4 night Disney cruise. That looks like a bargain compared to two nights here. Do you think they will have a Remy :wink:?

3 Likes

Oh absolutely it will sell out for years. The astronomical price tag will be fully justified for quite awhile. However, I am happy to wait (and save). If it was less, my mommy guilt would kick in but for that price, nope.

2 Likes

So I know that Rio wasn’t one of Disney’s big blockbusters, but I really want them to make Brazil happen and then do an FOP like hang gliding ride. I loved the music from that movie and would love to “fly” over Brazil!

8 Likes

My kids are 4 and 2 so I figure it will be about good 5-7 years before the experience would make sense for them anyway.

2 Likes