£1 = $1.20

I just went to the bank to get some US cash to use for tipping.*

£1 buys you $1.20.

Wow. Thanks, Brexit.

*Yes, I tip. I think it’s a super-dumb, utterly indefensible system, based on a mix of dishonesty and entitlement. But I still do it.

4 Likes

I think they accept teabags too

2 Likes

just don’t tip coupons.

that…ah…that never goes over well… (but it IS funny)

1 Like

It’s horrendous isn’t it! The exchange rate obviously, not the tipping system. I got some dollars a while ago when they were relatively high - I think I got $1.37, but that’s still not great. And everything I put on my credit card will be at whatever shockingly bad rate it is in August.

When I leave a tip, it is a little handwritten note that says, “To easily remove wrinkles from clothes without an iron, spritz a mist of water on them while you are wearing them.”

I figure that tip is INVALUABLE. No?

1 Like

That means not valuable, right? If so, then you’re correct.

4 Likes

I’m confused, what are we complaining about here? Are you brits sad you no longer have a near 2:1 exchange rate? Should I be feeling bad?

or should I be chanting “U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!”?

(U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!)

6 Likes

Ha! You remind me of “The Three Amigos.” What is better than being Famous? Being IN Famous.

You forgot your hashtags

1 Like

Well which is it?

We’ve got invaluable, infamous, inflammable, inappropriate, indigestion…

Oh that was just for that thread where we learned/relearned that Ryan is a horrible horrible human being who hates everyone (apparently even waitstaff). I try not to contaminate my threads unless it’s truly necessary.

3 Likes

I feel like I knew that before reading that thread.

2 Likes

France, Germany and Greece are in the EU

Switzerland, Monaco, Norway are not…

But the reason the pound is weak is because of uncertainty over Brexit. Not because of being in or out of the EU per se.

sure, I get it…it would be good to just get it over with, however it shakes out, I suppose

That’s good geopolitical knowledge.

But I had this in mind:

That massive drop was on the day the referendum result was announced.

1 Like

again, I get it, however, in regards to my post, I’d be happy to travel to the latter 3 countries, not so much the first 3 these days, I probably wouldn’t have said that 20 years ago

1 Like

Next major attraction being added to EPCOT’s World Showcase is a ride in the UK pavilion. It is a coaster that has a track layout matching that exact chart. They are calling it, of course, “The Brexit.”

7 Likes

and it ends with the car plowing into a brick wall.

2 Likes

Yeah, but it starts with 3 years of just sitting there in the station wondering if it’s ever going to do anything

8 Likes