It's alive! New automatic fax for Disney room requests

Hi @Lentesta. We are at CBR. Requested room 4556 in Jamaica. Got Jamaica 4462. Perfectly lovely. One problem: the Jamaica quiet pool is closed for construction. It is now a very noisy pool, with construction starting at 8:00 a.m. The construction was unannounced. Disney had advised me that the Aruba pool would be closed, but not Jamaica. Bummer.

Ah, I’m sorry to hear that. Did Disney say how long the construction will last? I can update the database with that information.

Through May 27

1 Like

Anyone have any experience (good or bad) using the room request fax for BLT?

We did not get the room we requested via the automatic fax at CBR this week (Bldg.52, 2nd floor). When we arrived, we had to stop in the custom house (around 1 pm, Mon.), because our CC company had put a freeze on its use when they saw out of state activities. (That’s another story!). Once we verified that the CC was good, she informed me we were going to a Pirate room. It’s just my DH and I so I said “I am so sorry, but that room assignment just isn’t going to work for us”, very politely. Every time she tried to explain why they were sending us to a Pirate rm I repeated my “I am so sorry…” reply. Finally she made some phone calls and got us Rm 5308. Whew!
Rm 5308 worked fine for us, but I had to work for it! LoL!

We had requested room 3610 or similar at the Polynesian from 4/30-5/6 but didn’t get it. We arrived around noon on 4/30 and found they had assigned us to a random king room when we needed two queens. After some discussion at the check in desk we got room 3809 and were quite happy. It faced the newly completed quiet pool and had an obstructed view of the MK fireworks. Nice and quiet and close to transport. We were very happy with it and didn’t miss the Lave pool view.

Thanks,
-Brett.

2 Likes

Another attempt at using the fax and another room we didn’t request given, so far 0 for 2. We stayed at the VGF May 11-18th and requested 1525 but received 1224. Was hoping to get a NW facing room on an upper floor. I understand there aren’t a lot of 2BD standard views, so wasn’t too heart broken. But had hoped for a view of Wishes from the balcony. Better luck next time I guess.

POFQ - requested room in the range of 4127 - 4134 and was assigned 4134. The room was perfect for our stay from 5/12 - 5/16!!!

2 Likes

We tried this for the first time. We requested Bay Lake Towers 8442 and received 8142. We wanted a high floor south facing room, this was a perfect substitute. Another plus for our stay, 8142 is a recently renovated room. Soft goods refurb including brand new carpet. Very happy with what we received!

2 Likes

We tried this for the first time without success on May 9th. We were staying at the All Star Music and asked for Rock Inn, Bldg 4. When we received our text we were placed in Country facing the woods.
Since we still had 2 hrs to go by car I tried calling them to see if we could be moved as we obviously had time to wait.
When I called I asked if I could be moved, he said he would check but asked why I wanted to be moved as we were put in the building we requested. I told him I checked Rock Inn during online check in and had also sent a fax asking for the same thing. He insisted both said Country. I very politely asked him if there was any way we could switch and that both of our rooms didn’t necessarily need to be next door, as long as I was close enough to help my mom with her scooter. He then told me he would have to move us anyway because we were currently on the 3rd floor and scooters could not be used on the elevator. He was nice about it, it was just very strange!
One room ended up exactly where we wanted it and the other was around the corner. We were both very happy with our rooms and would still try this again, can’t hurt!

1 Like

We booked a theme park view room at Grand Floridian for 5/18-21, and requested building 7, upper floor. We got 7431, which was nice but had a tree that completely blocked the fireworks.

We stayed in a 1 bedroom at OKW for our last night on 5/21 and requested building 62 or 63, first floor. I also added a note that we’d basically just prefer to be somewhere within walking distance of Hospitality House because we’d have a scooter and would rather not have to take the internal bus. The confirmation from here said that I requested building 14 (which I definitely did not, since that is in the “Near Hospitality House” category, which I did not book) and we wound up waaaay out in building 56, which is about as far from either of those as you can get.

Argh! Let me know the next time you make one, please. I’d like to check out what we’re saying, and follow up on it.

@Nikkipoooo - Thanks for mentioning that view. Exactly the kind of stuff we want to know.

Would you mind entering those comments about the tree and fireworks on GF 7431? It’ll help other families decide on whether to stay there.

Thanks Len. Just be clear, I was the one who wrote in to WDW Today and tried getting Tokelau 3914 during the Star Wars races, so the first attempt was understandable. Fingers crossed for next time!

1 Like

Done. I’ll also be e-mailing a photo.

1 Like

Do you know which floors at Bay Lake already had the soft goods renovation? Going there in June, hoping to get a renovated room!

No, sorry I am not sure what has been renovated. They do a great job and hiding the renovations each day. They lay down the protective carpeting by the entrance and it is gone by late afternoon.

Checked in on May 8th. Did autofax and requested room6006 at WL but with 3 total rooms adjoining. We got rooms 6056, 6054, and 6052. We were satisfied with rooms. When we checked in I asked if there were any preferences listed in the computer because we had a fax sent. CM said no info in computer.

Your post made me think- since the faxes go to the Room Assigners- would there be anything in the computer?

I wondered about that too.

1 Like