It's alive! New automatic fax for Disney room requests

At this point I’d call back and ask for specific room numbers to be added to your original request, @CGBryan. We’ve heard from Disney that making requests two different ways (e.g., fax and phone) can lead to confusion. So just call back with specific room numbers from our site.

Let me know how this goes, please. And good luck!

@len looks like there still might be issues with Grand Floridian. Saw a post from someone in a Facebook group. I tried to do a search here for where to send faxing issues. Is there a particular email to notify you of problems? thanks!

I know I’m a little late here:) but on our trip last september we got the exact room we requested at the Poly. Thanks @len!

1 Like

We requested room 5223 at the Yacht Club, unfortunately they allocated us room 5151, about as far away from our request as they could get. We declined that room and managed to get 5237. Hope we have more luck at AKL and GF in the Summer!

1 Like

Awesome tool! We just got back from a small Easter vacation and had requested room 2567 at the Beach Club Resort and got the exact room! When we checked in, the front desk was aware of the room request and said the room requested had been assigned to us. Second time using this tool and second win! Perfect!! Thank you guys!

1 Like

Yeah, it looks like there were issues across a few resorts yesterday morning. Most were resolved in our afternoon attempts. But post here any concerns, just in case.

I get an email every day showing any failures, so we all know immediately when they happen. The vast majority are resolved automatically. There’s only been a couple of instances where we had to call the hotel to tell them to fix the fax. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Len,

I requested room 4130 @ Port Orleans French Quarter and we got 4132, how wonderful is that. Thank you for this wonderful service,

1 Like

Yay! Glad to hear it. Hope the rest of your trip is fabulous.

I’m so impressed. We got the room we wanted at Coronado Springs last week. 3466 is a corner room with 2 huge windows one overlooking the lagoon and one that let us see the fireworks every night – wasn’t expecting to be able to see anything so it was a nice surprise. We are 2 out of 3 with requests. Thank you Len!

1 Like

Yay! That’s good to know for the database too. Thanks!

Hey, we recently got back. We’d requested 7757 at Kidani. Unfortunately, we didn’t get this room. The resort was packed, so I’m sure it was already in use. Wanted to let you know that it didn’t work out this time. (Last trip it worked perfectly. Fingers crossed for success in our next trip.)

Returned from a weekend trip at the poly April 15-18th, unfortunately did not get the room we requested. We had requested Tokelau 3914 which I know is a very popular room, but also added in the whole side of that building. We ended up in Pago Pago 2119 which was a great room. We have an upcoming trip in May, so wondering what I need to do differently for that room request. We will be staying in VGF 2 bed.

1 Like

Is there a limit to what you should put in the “Additional Special Requests” section of the fax? I’m debating going “short and sweet” vs something more verbose. Just wanted to tell them thanks for having a look and emphasize what attributes are important to us in a room. And maybe stand out enough in their mind to get a little extra since it never hurts to ask.

1 Like

We’ve added a couple of paragraphs each time to note what we liked about that room / view, and if we were celebrating anything special on that trip. And yes, to thank them for their time & consideration. We’ve been really pleased w/ all three of our results.

2 Likes

Sigh. Didn’t work out too well for us. Requested room 9265 or a room with the view of a fountain in Oak Mannor POR. We did get the building, but the majority of our view is of a parking lot. I know it’s still considered a garden view room, but definitely nothing like I was expecting/hoping for.

1 Like

We were staying at BCV in a studio, and my request said that one of several (8-10) specific rooms overlooking the pool would be ideal. I added that what we wanted was basically a room with a balcony and a nice view so we could sit out there and toast our anniversary. We were assigned room 105, which is on the first floor, facing the courtyard between BCV and the atrium and marketplace seating area at the main Beach Club. It was pretty much the opposite of what I wanted.

I asked at the front desk if there was anything on an upper floor (and even asked what it would cost to upgrade to a 1-bedroom, and mentioned we’d be willing to move to the main hotel) and at first the woman I talked to said all she had something we could move to the next day. Then she found us room 244, which turned out to be one of the newly refurbished rooms and had a garden view. We were very happy with it (though that side of the building can be loud outside with the traffic going by on the other side of the trees).

I think in future at BCV I’ll keep in mind that it’s a small resort and the pool-view rooms are popular, so I’ll just ask for upper floor as first priority, and maybe add that I’d rather not be facing the road if possible.

1 Like

Hi all! I stayed at CBR from 4/17-4/22. Using the TP request form I filled out Jamaica Building 45 and put down rooms 4556, 4554 and 4553 as examples. Unfortunately, I didn’t get anything I requested - upon check in I was put in Barbados! However, the cast member at the front desk was very kind and when I asked to be moved to Jamaica 45 she called someone and was able to switch us to that building, and the 2nd floor, too! So, while the fax didn’t work, we still ended up in the building we wanted. :wink:

Thanks for the great feature! Too bad it didn’t work as we had planned, but, really appreciate the feature on touring plans! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hiya,

We stayed in the Poly from March 12th - 22nd, DVC studio. Used the Touring Plan fax service, requested 3914, which is a very popular room and also noted another 10 rooms either side of it (different sides of the corridor) that we would also be delighted with it. We got 3917 and we really loved it, such a beautiful view, we loved Tokelau and we absolutely adored the hotel, it’s location, staff, pools, views. Fabulous magic.

Thanks so much to Touring Plans for this service. We were delighted to get 3917 and I know it was definitely because of the fax service, as we did not request anything through the DVC owner.

1 Like

Thanks for trying this and for the feedback!

Ah, good to know for this. Thank you @lcs17!