It's alive! New automatic fax for Disney room requests

I’m not sure whether they’d be in the computer. I’ll check the fax database to make sure it got sent.

On a related note, has anyone ever heard from a CM “Yes, we see your room request, we just couldn’t satisfy it?” If so, how did that conversation go?

I was very pleased with our room. We were on 6th floor and had adjoining rooms which I requested. Probably put us into a different hall since we wanted 3 rooms together. I also submitted a photo but it hasn’t been put on the room finder. Thanks!

1 Like

Requested room 6213. Received room 6223. Perfect! I told them on the fax that we could do any floor in a building with an elevator. Thanks so much for this tool. OKW

2 Likes

@len any updates on “IF” there will be any way to ID the rooms with a murphy bed at CBR on this wonderful TP Hotel room view website? Thank you and your team for all the great work you do for us!

Still looking at it. :frowning: Sorry it’s taking so long.

No problem @len , I know this isn’t a “push a button or flip a switch” type of fix. I have no doubt that you and your team are doing everything possible. :slight_smile:

I have a problem with my fax request but I don’t know how to fix it

I am staying at Pop Century July 5 to 7
But I am starting my trip at another offsite hotel July 2
How do I keep my whole trip from July 2 to 7 in my dashboard but have the fax for my room request use the dates of July 5 to 7
I don’t see how I can change the dates, I want to have my trip start on July 2 but if they fax my request using those dates won’t it get messed up

Can you make two trips? One from 7/2-5 and one 7/5-7? That seems the easiest. Then just send the fax on the second half.

1 Like

That’s what I’d do - two trips. Thanks @OBNurseNH!

1 Like

I figured it out and hope I’m not too late. We leave in four days! Cannot wait!!

1 Like

Great Feature!! Going to stay at the Disneyland resort - Grand Californian Hotel this coming Christmas 2016. Will this feature be available for the GC?

Thanks @lborrajo. We don’t have plans to do this for Disneyland in 2016. :frowning:

Len
You read my question on WDW today this week, but I’m not sure if it was answered. I was hoping to have 2 connecting DVC studio rooms at the poly. I would would like to be able to access each room without going in the hall. Is there something specific I should put in the room request? I wasn’t sure if we can link the res #'s since the 2 reservations are under the same person. Thanks as always

Definitely use the word ‘connecting.’ And if you’ve got kids, make sure they’re on the reservation with the correct ages listed. That should be enough for Disney to go on.

Let me know which rooms you end up in. I’ve never been able to discern a pattern with connecting DVC studio rooms, so any data we have would help. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi! I just set up a Grand Floridian room request. (First time.) I put in my confirmation number, but it appears that I was supposed to put in a reservation number (longer; no letters). I do not have this on any document, nor does it appear online at the end of the URL when I am on the “My Reservations” page. I even called Disney, and the cast member said that it is the same as my confirmation number. So… 1. Will the fax work with my confirmation number? and 2. If not, how do I find my reservation number? :confused:

Yes, I have always used the number I see in MDE.

While we didn’t get the exact room we requested at the Contemporary for the weekend, they did mention that they had “high floor” and “odd number room” as requests when we checked in - and we’d only mentioned the odd number thing in our fax. Both of those were more important to us than a specific room, so I’d call it another success. Thanks again for this great service!

3 Likes

Update: Contemporary and BLT fax working now.

Yeah, that’ll work. Good luck!

I’ve been trying to use the room finder for my POR stay. But when I select Standard/2 queens + murphy pull down as the only filter, it comes back with 0 choices. I changed it to Standard/2 Queens and still nothing. What am I doing wrong?

TIA
Kat