Help Needed: Touring Plans Review for WDW First-Timers

Let me try-

22nd:

I would say a couple of hours- tops if you are just shopping in DS.

What time are the fireworks scheduled that night?

23rd- usually you have to make a choice between the fireworks and Fantasmic

I would plan at least 30-45 minutes for every meet and greet

24th- yes you should line up and enter at 7:45

I would watch the parade somewhere near The Country Bears

25th- I would not count on the crowd level being correct!

2 Likes

Thank you for the answers!

Fireworks isnĀ“t scheduled yet, but should be at 09:00 PM in MK on 08/24

1 Like

If Fantasmic & Star Wars fireworks are 30 min apart, then no - you wonā€™t be able to see them both.
If they are spaced 1 hour apart, then yes - youā€™ll make it but wonā€™t be standing very close.
We were able to see both Fantasmic and the Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam show at Christmas time (also at Chinese Theatre)ā€¦ We stood on in the street on the corner of Sunset Blvd. The trees did block some of the view. But, by the time Fantasmic is released and you walk to the other location, we couldnt get much closer without squeezing in.

1 Like

Whew! Thanks for stepping in @PrincipalTinker and @SillySamsMom!

Iā€™ll just add a couple more notes on your AK and Tusker House questions.

Nobody knows when they will open up the Rivers of Light dining packages for August. Iā€™ll be at WDW that same week, so Iā€™ll be watching for Rivers of Light to open up for myself. If I remember, Iā€™ll let you know when it happens!

Tusker House is a buffet meal with characters who stop by your table at regular intervals. How much time you spend there is your choice. You could easily spend 90 minutes eating and waiting to meet all the characters. You donā€™t have to do this though! If your priority is to get into the park for rides, then you can ask for your check at the beginning and leave as soon as you finish eating. However, you might miss one or two characters. I prefer 10:30 for in-park character breakfasts because I donā€™t like to rush. Lots of people do the 8 am breakfast though, so itā€™s totally up to you!

2 Likes

Thank you! I try to check for RoL package every day as well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Still no ROL dining packages available for late August, but they did just change the Animal Kingdom hours. AK is now closing at 9:30 instead of 7:00 in August.

Thank you for this Information. I am checking regularly aswell.
I bet the change of the opening shedule means disney will offer the dining package very soonā€¦

1 Like

Thatā€™s what I think too!

1 Like

I am waiting for the realease of the free dining promotion aswell.

Just to be sure: i can cancel my package reservation, without loosing my ADRs, right?

Will i be able to modify my package reservation online, or do i have to rebook?

Your ADRs agent attached to your booking so they will be fine.

My understanding is that you will need to create a new package, then cancel the old one. You could cancel first but I wouldnā€™t take risks :smiley:

Hi Mathias! It looks like the Rivers of Light dining packages are starting to open up for August. Donā€™t worry if you donā€™t get one right away. Just keep checking. It seems like times and dates are becoming available very slowly.

1 Like

Hi Sally, so nice of you, that you remembered to inform me.

I was checking several times today but after i read you reply, i was able to catch a 04:05 PM ADR.

Still hoping to get a breakfast instead.
Thank you very much. Did you get your favorite ADR?

1 Like

I have so many ADRs at this point. Itā€™s insane. Iā€™m going to have to figure out what we really want to do and cancel most of them. :laughing:

2 Likes

I know this well! I still have more than I need while here, so have been cancelling day by day.

1 Like

Hi everybody,
due to the RoL Diner Package challenge i started to make some additional ADRs to be more flexible in planning.
(e.g. i added a Chef MickeyĀ“s ADR at arrival day to choose between this and 1900 Park Fare)

I also got an extra ADR for CRT at 01:20 PM. How does it work regarding the Parade.
Will we be able to see the parade at 03:00 PM?
I read somewhere, that you even have the chance to be guided to an good viewing point after lunch.

Otherwise i guess there would not be enough time to grab a good viewing spotā€¦

1 Like

Is there a fee to cancel them if you do it far enough away from your trip?

Most ADRs can be canceled up until the day before without a fee. A few say something like 2 or 3 days in advance. Those are usually pre-paid things like the dessert parties. It always says the cancellation policy somewhere.

As a courtesy, I try to cancel ones Iā€™m not going to use as early as I can. Sometimes itā€™s nice to have backup plans though, especially if youā€™re going at a time with dodgy weather. Also, the park hours and crowd calendar numbers and nighttime show schedules can change a few weeks before a trip. For example, I know we want to try to see Rivers of Light, but it rains a lot in August, so I want to have two different days booked for the ROL package. If the earlier day works out, Iā€™ll cancel the second one thatā€™s later in the week. If it looks like itā€™s going to be canceled because of massive thunderstorms on the earlier day, then Iā€™ll have a second chance.

1 Like

CRT must be paid full in advance. Luckily we are on the Dining Plan, so they also accept Dining Credits as guarantee.

Any suggestions relating to parade viewing (ADR for CRT at 01:20PM)?

So CRT canā€™t be canceled?

Of course it can be canceled.

Refering to my email conformation, you must cancel at least 24h in advance. I also see a ā€œcancel buttonā€ at my reservation overview. Just be aware of the fact, that they will charge the full price in $ (the DP Credits are only the gurantee) if you forget to cancel.