Help Needed: Touring Plans Review for WDW First-Timers

@larrielaine
I unterstand the time frame of 1h now.
The 5 fp are based on the assumption, that we get 2 additional in-park-fp after using the first three. One after another of course.

@pmoriart
I’m so glad to hear that. Maybe i start the fp reservations at 10am. We plan to be at the parks at rd everytime. :slight_smile:

As a firsttimer it is a reliew to realize not to be afraid of the crowds.

Again, thanks everybody for the realy helpfull support. :thumbsup:

1 Like

You can’t really count on the extra fast passes to be what you want them to be. you kinda need to pick from what’s left over when you check.

1 Like

I still do not think you can get a 8:30 fast pass. They do not start until 9:00?

1 Like

That is true. No problem, if the ones we need are free. :blush:

I already checked the typical fp dynamic availability, but the idea to be sure by starting at 10am is even better.

2 Likes

Seems 08:30am is more of a dream, than reality :smile:

1 Like

I have never seen an 8:30am fast pass

Are you aware of the height restrictions (for the 4 year old)? If the height restriction is a problem — In MK, you could add Magic Carpets, Swiss Family tree house, Tom Sawyer Island, Liberty Square Riverboat to pass the time. In HS, I would add Little Mermaid, Disney Jr Live. In AK we really enjoyed the Conservation Station.

1 Like

My son max (4) will be at least 42 inch (<110cm :slight_smile: ), so high restrictions won’t be a problem. But i wonder, if he want to ride everything. The alternatives you mention are nice and things with low crowds; i’m aware of that.

1 Like

Btw: my wife will only expirience half of the cool things. She is so afraid. :yum:
So there will be one who take care of max, when my daughter and i are doing all the fast rides. :smile:

2 Likes

Then they’ll be sitting out Space Mountain together!! :joy:

1 Like

That is the plan. Business as usual, when we visit theme parks. My daughter has some of her genes aswell. I’m afraid, i have to visit dinosaur in ak and haunted mansion in mk all by myself. She will be 14yrs old by then. :smile:

Nothing is to fast or wild, but “scary“ NO WAY

I’m the same as your daughter. I don’t do scary - EVER. LOL

1 Like

Hello, I’m from Europe too. We were up very early the first few days, it was very easy to be at the parks an hour before opening, however we needed to cancel our evening plans as we were all too tired by late afternoon. I wouldn’t book any dinner ADR’s the first few days unless they are at your resort. I wish I had spent more time in Epcot and AK because they don’t have those parks in Paris.

Thanks for the advice, but i don´t think i will follow that idea.
Although i’m aware of the fact, that it will be (realy) exhausting.

I think a big part of the fun will be our character dinners. So i would never exchange them for QS meals at Everything POP.
I would rather cancel some touring time in the afternoon to rest a while at the resort.

BTW: How many days did you stay at wdw? We only have the three park days.

Hi everybody,

a little update regarding our vacation plans:

Yesterday was our big 180-Days-ADR-Open-Reservation-Window-Date. :slight_smile:
I was able to get all the ADRs i wanted:

Cinderella’s Happily Ever After Dinner at 1900 Park Fare
Date: Tuesday, August 22, 2017
Time: 6:25 PM

Minnie’s Seasonal Dine at Hollywood & Vine Dinner Fantasmic! Package
Date: Wednesday, August 23, 2017
Time: 4:25 PM

Be Our Guest Breakfast - QSR
Date: Thursday, August 24, 2017
Time: 8:20 AM

A Buffet with Character Dinner at The Crystal Palace
Date: Thursday, August 24, 2017
Time: 5:05 PM

Donald’s Dining Safari Breakfast at Tusker House Restaurant
Date: Friday, August 25, 2017
Time: 8:20 AM 
(i have to rebook when RoL Dinner Packages will be availible)

I´m really happy!!!

BTW:
I had some issues with the online booking system. It was really stressful.
The system sometimes doesn´t accept my creditcard, then my family party.
I was juggling with five browser windows, refreshing every few seconds.

The first reservation i got was 1900 Park Fare for 02/23/17 (Yesterday!!) by accident.
So i had to wait an hour to try to cancel it with the help of the hotline.
It worked out perfectly; the lady at the hotline was very helpful and accommodating.
She canceled the wrong reservation without the 40$ fee. lucky me.

3 Likes

Yes, you cannot book fastpasses within less than an hour of another, BUT you do have a whole hour to use them, so you could conceivably use 1 within the last 5 minutes of the hour and then go directly to the next fastpass for the beginning of that FP.

For instance you could book FP 1 at 8:00 am and FP 2 at 9:00 am, use the FP1 at 8:55 and then go right to FP 2 at 9:00.

My husband hates backtracking too, but after he saw how much time we saved, he quit complaining. You can always adjust your plans to “minimize walking” and optimize your plan to keep from backtracking and THEN pick your FP times based on where it puts you

1 Like

Thank you for this tip

Hi Everybody,

i don´t want to open a new topic; but during the last week i was thinking over a couple of (new) questions:

August 22, 2017 - Arriving Day

• How long is a typical stay at Disney Springs (just for shopping - no dining)
  • Is there enough time to enjoy the dinner at 1900 Park Fare (06:25 PM) and travel to poly beach for “wishes” / “happily ever after”

August 23, 2017 - Hollywood Studios

• Is there a chance to see both: “Fantasmic” and “Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular”?
  • How many touring time would you add, if you want to see the characters after “Toy Story” and “Great Movie Ride”?
  • How long is a typical stay at “star wars launch bay”, if you want to meet both characters and see the movie?

August 24, 2017 - Magic Kingdom

• Are we allowed to enter the park at 07:45 AM with a 08:20 AM ADR for BoG?
  • What is your advice for best views of “Festival of Fantasy Parade” with moderate wait time?

August 25, 2017 - Animal Kingdom

• When will the “River of Lights” Dinning Package be availible?
  • Do you have to rush through breakfast at Tusker House to be at the Safari at RD or “with short lines”?
  • Will the Crowd Level change, due to Pandora (or is it long enough after opening)?
  • Do you think both pandora attractions will have FastPass?

Looking forward to hear from you…

Regards, Mathias

1 Like

push up…

I’ll try to come back and answer a few questions once I get my kids to school.