Bugs!

@ThatDisneyGuy_outer1

I should have hit cancel. Read: I can be a doofus sometimes. Then again, doofuses make the very best QA people. I’ve got QA dude here at work who is our best tester because he does everything “wrong” that a user shouldn’t do. So he finds all kinds of problems others miss. :wink:

1 Like

@bwalker75 you can post your bugs here. :smile:

I am unable to follow threads that I respond to. They do not show up in my profile and when I search for the thread title and go to the thread only the original post is there with none of my comments. This one in particular is under the heading Food and Wine in the Dining section.

This is probably a known error. I am trying to access this forum using an iPhone 5 on Verizon. When I try to access any categories nothing happens. There is just a spinning thing at the top of the page. This is a bummer since I usually access chat from my phone and not my desktop like I am now. What should I do?

@bwalker75 what are you using? which phone & OS version and which browser?

I’m hoping @daybreaker can help fix this for you!

@Tanavin I’m also using an IPhone 5 with Verizon but I’m not having the same problem you are. When you click on WDW does it bring up a list of threads? If it does can you click on one of them? What happens???

@bwalker75, don’t know if this helps, but the “Unread” tab at the top is what I accidentally discovered show updates to threads I posted on. If you knew this already & it’s a bug where you can’t post… carry on. :wink:

How to I get to the Forum once I log on to Tour’s web page, I always have to go out to Chat to find a link…sorry if this was mentioned in an earlier thread.

Because it’s still in testing there is no link from the main page yet.

good to know…thanks again

Doing exactly what you wrote, I can click on a thread and see the content. If I go to the 3 horizontal lines at the top to see a screen that lists:

All
Badges
Mine
Unread

When I try to click on any of those nothing happens other than the “spinning thing”

The forum software is a javascript app, so I’m thinking the reply box is really just one reply box, so using it at the same time across multiple tabs could cause issues. Since it saves drafts as you type, I think since you were typing in one reply box, then opened another, it just loaded up that draft. This is how it can keep a reply’s draft in sync between the desktop and mobile versions.

Are you using this on a wired connection, wifi, or 3G/4G? Or is it the same issue on different types of connections?

what type of browser/OS are you using? does it still do that when you refresh the page?

@daybreaker@bwalker is having problems viewing this thread. Can you pm him? That way he can answer your questions or pm me and I can relay them to him. Thanks! :slight_smile:

@daybreaker… he’s using windows 7 and has logged off and on and also tried refreshing the screen. Hope that helps. He can see his pm’s just not this thread on his computer.

The first issue only has happened on my laptop - wifi connection. My phone is 4G and no issue with uploading.

Second issue happens on wifi, 4G phone, and wired computer.

@daybreaker, thanks for the response. If this is an “undocumented javascript feature” that won’t be addressed, then perhaps it should be noted/documented somewhere in some kind of “instruction” manual? Thanks.

@Tanavin, this happens to me occasionally when I’m not on WiFi (I have an iPhone 5 on T-Mo). If you re-click whatever you clicked first, does it work?