Bugs!

Not sure if someone has posted this or not but sometimes when I hit the blue arrow to reply to a specific post it doesn’t show that in my reply. What I mean is it doesn’t show the arrow with their avatar in the top right corner of my reply and it’s not listed as a reply under their post. It seems like it works properly about half of the time. And when it doesn’t work the conversation doesn’t always make sense if you’re reading the thread from top to bottom.

Yeah, I’ve noticed that before, and I think it’s happened to @Mr_Itty as well. I’ll put in a bug report to the forum software team.

If anyone else notices this, let me know if you noticed anything out of the ordinary happening when a reply did that to you. Like maybe you saw a new post pop up before your reply was finished. The best way to get the forum development team to look at a bug and fix it is if we can find a way to reproduce it reliably.

edit: Aha! This post just did that! Its showing that its an actual reply post, but that reply notification isnt showing up in the post body! Now we have something to investigate!

1 Like

Aha! It was a site setting.

Apparently if the reply is the only reply, and is directly below the replied-to comment, it wont show it on the main post or the reply.

It’s a site setting, and I turned it off, because it gets confusing when it doesnt show up sometimes. I get what they were thinking - that its useless to have the popup when its the only reply, and right below it, but I think it’s a nice visual notification of who youre replying to.

So it should now be fixed!

cc: @Mr_Itty

2 Likes

Thanks @daybreaker! I agree that the visual makes it easier to follow.

Some I’m finding:
As I’ve seen others mentioning the page is moving from side to side in my browser, not showing all of the page at once.
Uploading photos isn’t working for me sometimes, but working other times. When it doesn’t work, it goes to 100% uploaded but then the link never appears, when I click reply the image still doesn’t show.
Having problems editing posts. Again works sometimes & not others. When not working, it allows me to click “edit” and to edit my post, it then allows me to click “save edit” but then my page is stuck in refresh mode with edit not showing up.
When trying to click on “upload, reply” or “cancel” it takes a few clicks for it to register. Small but irritating issue.

Using iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.6. Viewing in latest version of Safari.

I posted this in the “Uncategorized” folder, but when I posted a new topic in Uncategorized, then wanted to click on one of the “Suggested Topics” underneath, it stuck me to my post page, and wouldn’t load the new topic that I was clicking on. It’s still doing that if I am on any other topic, and click on one of the “Suggested Topics”. Just sticks me at the top of the comments for the one I’m currently on, doesn’t take me to the new one.

I am also getting the same problem that @WeHave2GoBack is having, that “Unread” will say I have something, but there is nothing when I click on it.

I would also like a method of getting back to where I came to the topic from. It’s been mentioned above, that if I’m on the main page sorted by “Latest”, I should be able to click at the top to go right back to that, instead of having to go to the main page first.

Currently on a PC using IE9, but use Firefox at home.

1 Like

When I’m on my pc just using the back button will take me back to latest list of posts. Is that not working for you?

Wow! I just have to say I have been busy with work and haven’t been all day. Many improvements have taken place since last night! Great job @staff!

1 Like

It is now. It wasn’t before. When I hit back before, it just took me to the homepage, because it just redirected to the standard forum.touringplans.com

1 Like

Well I’m glad it’s improved.

This is also on Firefox now. I was on IE before. Not sure if that’ll make a difference

Don’t know if this is a bug, but my profile does not list me as a Subscriber. I logged out and logged back in, and I’m still not a Subscriber. Also, when I signed out and signed back in, was not asked for password. Finally, I see ads (for WDW!).

I can reproduce this @daybreaker.

@mALYficent, there are known issues with IE 9. The latest version is IE11, and there are other benefits to upgrading, like longer support for security and bug fixes. Would it be possible for you to consider upgrading to IE10 or IE11?

No, it’s my work computer, connected to a huge system. I don’t get authorization to do upgrades. Seems to be better on Firefox, which I’m currently updating to the newest version on my home computer

I hate to keep rattling on about these two issues, but I don’t think that I have really gotten a specific reply. First, I cannot upload a picture from my laptop to my avatar. I would really like to be able to do this because that is where most of my pics are saved, though I can go through my phone if necessary, which worked fine.
Second, the button at the top with the three lines will not bring me to “latest” and requires me to refresh every time on every device/browser that I have tried it on - laptop with Win 8 and Safari, desktop with Win 7 and Firefox, iPhone with Safari. Please help!

I am also still seeing ads on my phone - RIM OS (BlackBerry)

Ok Back button doesn’t work for me on phone. From home page, clicked on a topic. Clicked “back”, and it took me back to topic I was reading before the main page.

Also on my phone, when I’m typing and the list of word suggestions is at the bottom of the screen, it shifts the whole page up covering the banner at the top, but when I click in this box to make a correction, it shifts the whole page back down, and therefore where I click is the pre-shifted version, not the post-shifted version. Not a detriment, just makes the page really jumpy. That one might be hard to demonstrate, as my screen capture doesn’t pick up the suggested words on the bottom of the screen as I’m typing

@daybreaker @len @Lentesta

I had an odd thing happen Firefox v28.0. I often open multiple tabs to follow different threads. When I replied to a thread on tab1 (finished replying, hit reply key, reply posted), I went to another tab (tab2) & it had the reply box open with a half-edited version of the reply from the tab1. When I edited the reply to reply to the thread on tab2, the reply showed up on tab1’s thread & I had to re-edit.

Not sure if this is a browser-specific cookies/cache problem, or if the forum’s reply pop-up isn’t set up to handle multiple tabs/threads at the same time. I didn’t try to reproduce or try it on other browsers. If I shouldn’t do this, I’ll avoid the practice in the future, though I imagine it could come up for other users, which is why I’m reporting it, trying to help. Thanks!

If you hit cancel in the reply box that opens in the second or third tab does it affect your actual Post? I’m guessing this is a software issue since it’s designed to keep the reply window open even if you change pages.