Bugs!

I’m not sure where to post but I noticed three things.

1. After I have been reading for a while, my notification icons will pop up showing 1-2 new notifications, but when I click to view them, they are the same notifications I have seen already.

2. If you click on the go to another topic icon at the top right (next to our profile picture, the one with the 3 lines) and click Latest, there says there are not any latest threads. I noticed this yesterday and still does not work.

3. If you open anything in a new tab, it automatically logs me out and I can’t post anything.

1 Like

What OS and browser are you using?

I’ve noticed that some of the Badges aren’t working. Some have been instant and others don’t come at all.
I have read the “community guidelines” and have “quoted another members post” but those 2 badges have not appeared for me. @Laurel had to do something to get the Editor" badge to show up for me too.
Not a major bug, but something to be noted :smiley:

Using my iPhone today and was not able to upload a photo in a reply. It says “uploading” but just sits at 0%. Any ideas?

Yes I’ve noticed the same thing. The leader badge for being level 3 seems random, and and I’ve also quoted, edited, and such, but just have four lonely little badges lol.

yep, the badges seem to be on their own schedule.

I think theres a script that only runs once every day or so for some of the badges. So yall are correct that not all of them are instantaneous.

2 Likes

Windows 7 Internet Explorer 11.0.10

This is my screen on iPhone 4 s

I would really like a bit if space on the left. It is disconcerting to have a tiny bit of the first letter covered up. All in all things are better but my spinning thung next to the wifi icon on top bar is continually spinning and typing this 1 post has used 5% of battery.

In regards to the notifications, I think I do have new notifications, it just isn’t showing the details of the new ones. I believe this is the scenario as opposed to it re-showing that I have the same notifications. I cleared my cache and the new ones are showing up. The problems is if I have to clear my cache every 10 minutes to be able to see them, that just won’t work.

Same here. Love how we all want our badges…lol. I did a link from a post to my twitter account and have not gotten the link badge. Maybe it will show up later.

Well… Yea… LOL what’s the point of a badge if I can scramble to get it!

1 Like

@daybreaker: some Liners are still having issues with Logging in. @helenw can’t seem to get in. Can you check into it please? Thanks.

Thank you Darth Dopey!!! Did it work? :wink:

Yes!! Need a break now…

@lentesta @daybreaker:

Len,

This happens on mobile and on the computer:

If I’m near the bottom of a thread, and want to scroll to the top,
I scroll to the top… then it waits… “loading”… then snaps me to
somewhere in the middle of the thread.  Then I try to scroll to
the top… and it waits… “loading”… then snaps me to a slightly
higher point in the middle of the thread.

For long threads, repeat this step as many as… 5,6,7 or more times to
simply scroll to the top to see the OP or the menus.

I’d consider the ability to snap to the top/menus in one step an “essential”, thanks.
Please let me know if I’m missing an obvious way to do so, thanks!

This is actually working as planned. The software will bring you to your most recently unread posts in a thread. So if the thread is a long one, it will bring you near the bottom. The forum only loads about 20 posts at a time, and uses ajax to load the next set as you scroll up or down. Therefore, when youre scrolling to the top, its really loading the next 20 posts that came earlier in the thread.

If you click on the green box that says “97/97” (its the post counter that tells you where you are in the thread), you can navigate directly to the top, bottom, or any specific post number in the the thread.

@daybreaker, thanks. The green box is unintuitive for the uninitiated, but works brilliantly.
This will take some getting used to.
A “static” page that refreshes only when I ask it to would be wonderful, IMO.
But I can see how that’s not “efficient” for long threads.

Will try to adapt to this “new normal”, thanks. :slight_smile:

I made the “The things I do for this site. Oye!” badge with you in mind. (And I mean that with love - read the description.) You’re the first recipient. Congratulations.

I shall wear it with pride & try to live up to the moniker. :slight_smile:
Thanks!

Edit: (See, I learned not to post twice in a row, but edit my previous post…)
BUG report: The drop down doesn’t have my new badge as an option.
Okay, maybe not a bug, but by design, as I see it’s not “allowed as a badge title”.
Bummer. I shall wear it humbly then.