Bugs!

@Daybreaker - this happens to me too, and it’s fairly easy to demonstrate. On LTE, not WiFi.

@Mr_Itty - to skip to the bottom of a long list of replies, can you tap or click on the green box with numbers, in the lower right corner of the page? It should allow you to navigate straight to the last post, without having to load everything in between.

@Lentesta, @daybreaker we seem to be having another permissions issue this morning. Not sure if you intended for the La Cava chat to be there today or not but it is showing for some and not for others, so if you ran scripting it may not be working. Just wanted to report it before we have another riot lol.

Yes, someone (probably @daybreaker) pointed out to me that feature a while ago. I didn’t update my post to indicate it, sorry.

Yeah. Lucky me, I found another bug in the forum software, and the Discourse team is working on it. The gist of this bug is that manually created groups can only have 200 people in it. It’s an artificial limit from their earlier days, and the Discourse team sort of forgot to open up the ability for it to go past 200 members.

I’m building a workaround right now, and the Discourse team should have something fixed by tomorrow I hope. I just woke up and was getting ready to go post about it elsewhere.

Drink your coffee first! lol

1 Like

I have tried this at work using their Wi-Fi, at home using my WiFi and using the regular wireless network. No matter which choice I click I just see the spinning “thing” just to the right of the network information at the upper right hand corner of my phone.

@LaurelStewart I know you guys made a change to every one can see the lounge again. Not sure if it’s just me, but my unread tab isn’t picking up changes to tracked posts in that category for me. I double checked I had it marked as tracked but not seeing anything when someone posts an update to it.

Hmm. Not sure how that works. I’ll look at it.

Ugh! Ignore it… I swear I checked it but I just went back again and it was set to regular not tracked. It’s working now. I’ll go sit in my corner for awhile.

Me too! iPhone 5s, safari browser. Seems like I’m seeing more ads today. Yesterday it was just when I signed on and off; today it’s also after I post a message.

The ads came back because theyre only turned off for level 3 users, and we decided for the moment to stop manually setting level 3 for various technical reasons. There may be a few people who still have it, but after tonight, or tomorrow, they probably wont as the system works itself out.

Well then, I am never logging off again. :wink:

1 Like

Daybreaker, I still have ads today. On iPhone, using safari.

Everyone should be seeing ads right now @BackIntoTheFray.

New bug I found on Android both Chrome and Opera:

When reading a thread, there is no indication that a post is a reply to a specific prior post. It just lists it as a reply to whole thread post. On my PC I can see id a reply was to a specific prior post.

Not a big deal, but can be a little confusing on long threads. Hmm sounds almost like Chat :wink::

1 Like

I have noticed the same thing as @Agent_C on my android device using chrome.

On same device, I cannot highlight text to quote it. And when I tag someone, the names don’t pop up.

I have the same issue on my droid using chrome.

I don’t think that’s a bug. I think that’s so they can save space on your phone. It would probably get too clunky

Hmmmmm…Quoting on desktop seems to work. Will check mobile in the morning.