Your FIRST trip report!

I had a similar experience with my wife while we were at WDW. As we were about to go up the ramp for the peoplemover there was this kid that jumped in front of us and blocked the way. He was holding the spot for his family to get there. It was a large family with an elderly lady who was moving very very very slowly and they were still really far away. Fortunately the mother yelled (from afar) for the kid to get out of the way and he grudgingly did. And that is why we only have two kids instead of three.

1 Like

Having no children wasn’t our “choice” (we were both in our 30s when we got married and it just didn’t happen), but every time I go to WDW and see parents dealing with unruly kids and meltdowns, I feel less regret about not having any of my own…

LOL the happiest place on Earth isn’t always so. We get hot, tired, hungry and then argumentative.

1 Like

My first trip was at 8 years old in 1986. My grandparents, parents, brother (12), sister (6) and I stayed offsite. I don’t remember much. Mom broke her foot a week before we left. It was a blessing and a curse. At that time, the wheelchair got us on the rides first at that time (I vividly remember bypassing the huge line for 20,000 leagues under the sea). And because of the wheelchair, I had somewhere to ride since strollers weren’t popular back then. Little did we know both she and I have a degenerative Disease that weakens muscles so we really needed that wheelchair! I remember leaving the park and her putting her foot up on the front seat to elevate it because it was hugely swollen in her cast by the end of the day! I remember getting a horrible sunburn from the pool at the place we stayed. And that’s about all I remember, but I did find these 2 photos :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

I had a friend with 4 kids tell me when I got married: “When you decide to have kids, never let them outnumber you.” :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks for letting me know! I think the second trip was later (i.e. 96-97). I’m guessing that 20,000 is a memory from our trip when I was 4-5. I’m going to investigate (aka talk to mom lol).