Your favourite ride?

There is no particular ride I would wait 2 hours for, but I would wait 2 hours for an experience. To illustrate the distinction, in 1995 I waited possibly 2 hours to ride Indiana Jones in DLR within a year after it opened. Lines were as long as 8 hours during the first few months. People wanted to experience the new ride so they could talk about it with their friends and boast that they had ridden it.

However, as much as I love IJ, I would never wait more than 45 minutes to ride nowadays (and usually just get a FP), because it’s just a ride now, not an “experience” of riding it for the first time. Similar idea with FoP, MFSR, and Hagrid’s (I haven’t ridden Hagrid’s and haven’t waited 2 hours for the other two, but just laying out the concept).

I will wait 20 minutes for most rides if I have to, but wouldn’t wait more than 90 minutes for even the greatest rides, and even 60 minutes is a lot. FP has spoiled me too much for that. If I can use strategy to ride a ride without a wait, and still have plenty to do the rest of the time without waiting, I’d choose that approach.

My favorite ride is and will always be Splash Mountain, with ToT at HS coming in a close 2nd. If I had no choice but to wait 2 hours for those, I would.

2 Likes