You won't believe my all-new, super-controversial, click-baiting approach to WDW planning

I totally understand!

I will probably go to California for work on February. I can spend $376 for one day at Disneyland ($426 if I want to PH). I really love BTMRR and Space Mountain, and I want to try out Matterhorn (based on videos I think I will really enjoy it) and RotR. Nothing else really interests me (maybe Star Tours?). I am trying to figure out how many times I will get to ride the coasters to see if it is going to be worth the money. The thing is that I really love coasters and I love repeating favorites, but I can’t do drops nor inversions, so 3 rides might be enough to convince me.

1 Like

Perfect analogy.

This is partly why I’m taking a friend on my two trips this year. I’ve done five trips in a two and a half years. I won’t say that I’m bored of WDW, but I need the experience to be refreshed. Taking a WDW newbie with me will do that, I hope.

Meh. I’m all about projections.

If I can get those wait times this summer I’ll be delighted! It is certainly worth that level of wait.

7 Likes

I think it will. It’s fun to take a newbie.

6 Likes

I think fresh eyes is a great way to enhance things!

I like the projections as well. The combo effects wow me big time.

3 Likes

We used to be like that.

This trip, I was surprised nobody found it that necessary to ride favorites over and over again like we used to do. We had a great time thoroughly enjoying the parks, resorts, and Christmas offerings. We were surprising pretty laid back.

Lines were way longer than we have ever experienced and SDDs were not that plentiful. Everyone wanted more rides on FOP and SDD but there were no same day drops for FOP and if we took SDD at 6 something at the noon drop, we wouldn’t have been able to pick up another drop that day. The only other choice was to wait in line. We waited almost an hour for FOP. But nobody wanted to wait 2+ hours for SDD!

Perhaps we are getting old!

3 Likes

Totally! We watched the NYE’s fireworks live-streamed.

1 Like

Try the Matterhorn once. It’s unique to DLR.

2 Likes

RoR opened the 2nd day of 4 - and I didn’t bother to try getting into it. Next trip. What I loved was… Mission Space Green. and yeah, Up was great. I went to Millennium Falcon - the best part was the line, where my boyfriend who is a mechanic pointed out what the parts of the “space ship” was for - ventilation, spare fuel rods, etc. As for me, I HATE waiting in line - and what made my trip so enjoyable was planning to avoid them (THANK YOU Touring Plans!)

I’m exhausted from racking my brain. What is FOMO? And HS seems like a nightmare right now. What a great way to get you to buy Park Hoppers :crazy_face:

Fear of missing out…

1 Like

It is my opinion that 7DMT, SDD and FOP aren’t impossible to ride thanks to same day FP drops and EMH. Most folks not in this forum probably don’t know it, but that’s their problem. :wink:
Unlike the Star Wars rides where even getting there early doesn’t guarantee a ride. Seems to me they should give the option of waiting in a 3 hour line if there are folks willing to do it. I’m not one of those people - I’m just saying.

5 Likes

I didn’t worry too much about the newer flashier rides when planning our latest trip, which was our first in 4 yrs and likely the only one for awhile. I had a specific goal: my kids were much older now so they could ride classic rides like space mtn and TOT, plus just seeing the new lands and restaurants that had been created since we’d been in 2015. And we got to do all that. We didn’t get FOP but I didn’t fret over that b/c we got Navi and it was new to us. I did manage to get SDD for my DD7 but she took one look at it and was like “aw $@#! no” so we switched it out for the alien saucers (I refuse to call that one ASS…oh look, I just did…). I went into SWGE b/c my friend wanted to but didn’t try for the smuggler’s run ride b/c I don’t like star tours that much and figured I’d wait until next time when I could get on it much more easily. I am intrigued by ROTR but probably wouldn’t plan my whole day around getting a boarding group. When we went into Universal it was our first time so I told everyone in advance that we wouldn’t be trying for Hagrids since everything was new to us and we could spend that time seeing a lot more things. They agreed with me. Even our first trip we didn’t try to even come close to doing it all. We had kids ages 8, 6 and 3 so it was enough just to survive. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m trying to be open minded and see your point on this, but… I really really really REALLY want to ride it. If I don’t get to ride RotR will it ruin the whole vacation? No, of course not. It won’t even ruin the morning. But if we do get to ride it will it make the trip? Yes, I think so. That being said, when we go late next week if the BG are snatched up within one minute like they have been the last couple of weeks, I don’t know if I’ll even bother trying.

4 Likes

AS2 :wink:

1 Like

Spoiler alert…

1 Like

I’ve always called it A2S, but maybe I’ve been doing it wrong. Is there someone important around here who has made an official ruling on this question? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I like yours better.

1 Like

This is far to logical and mature a response. I want to see somebody who plans to have a Veruca Salt style breakdown/fit if they don’t get to ride. (I want it now!) :smile:

5 Likes

Around here, “A2” means Ann Arbor. The number generally comes immediately following the letter that you mean to repeat. So A2S would be a variation of saying AAS. AS2 makes more sense.

Interestingly, one of my early jobs, I worked at Ford on a project known as C3P. The 3 meant three Cs. So, CCCP, which should for, “CAD CAM CAE PIM”. Notice it was not called 3CP. :slight_smile:

I thought CCCP was the Soviet Union:thinking:

3 Likes