You Are the One and I Can't Let You Go - a Solo Trip Report (No Longer Live)

“Until you’re back here baby…” Just having a personal dance party over here reading your trip report :star_struck:

As much as I loved blasting hard rock as a teenager and pretending I was too cool for boy bands, in reality I wore out my BBMak CD playing it so much and singing at the top of my lungs.

Hope they are awesome in concert!

9 Likes

Ok, what a wonderful day! I’m back at my resort and showered…so let’s Cosmic Rewind this trip report (see what I did there) and go back to my arrival!
I’m realizing this trip contains a whole lot of firsts for me…which is always fun - experiencing something new at a place you visit frequently.
Late yesterday I decided to rent a car this trip (first time renting for a FL trip). There was a good hotwire deal and I knew I would be bored if I just sat around the resort all day on Wednesday (I’m not a chill by the pool kinda gal). I was off the MCO monorail at 10:55am and in my Hertz car by 11:21. The car is a total tin can, but it gets form A to B (just don’t try and accelerate quickly between A and B).
Pulled into Surfside (my first stay at a UOR resort) at 11:51 and got checked in super quick.

How did NO ONE tell me there was a Starbucks in my lobby (I don’t think I’ve heard this intel from resident UOR experts @darkmite2 and @sanstitre_has_left_the_building)? That alone moves this resort waayyy up the list. The room is nice, the view is nice, the people are nice.

During the rundown the front desk clerk told me that the restaurant is open until 3am because of Horror Nights! That’s wild - but I appreciate it. Having everything closed when you just want to eat is a real bummer.
Jumped in the car to try and make it over to Epcot right at the 1pm drop. I was not as quick as I wanted to be though…made a last minute choice and parked at DHS (because I planned to finish the night there). Skylinered over to Epcot…as you saw above, still had no issue getting a VQ.
Zero plan walking into Epcot, so I wandered and bumped into the characters I mentioned above. That is always such a fun treat. They were definitely testing the waters with Geppetto - poor fella had no line and kept wandering out of the corral area to try and draw people in.
The friendship boat was there so I hopped on a crossed over to Morocco and started wandering, grabbed a snack, drink, Remy challenge as previously mentioned. I saw that the wait for Frozen was fairly low and it said rain was coming, so I jumped in line. It was a 52 minute wait, but I avoided most of the rain shower so I didn’t mind…then darted over to Mexico to see the Gran Fiesta tour. At that point I was messaging @OBNurseNH to see where we might meet up and she let me know another liner was in my area. I pulled over to message back (I can not text and walk) and looked up to spy Athena’s very recognizable hair color!
So, @ThorKat has the honor of being my first ever liner meet! Photo Cred: ThorKat

Not even 5 minutes later I was grabbing some wings with @OBNurseNH and husband for my 2nd ever liner meet.
From there I wandered some more, Club Cool, Creations and popped over to Imagination Pavilion.
Then it was time for Cosmic Rewind.

I had they absolute fantastic luck of getting to ride it with all my new friends (before this they were just the ‘strangers from the internet’ my mom always warned me about). That ride is so, so good. The queue moved quickly so I didn’t get stare at that much, but it was a great ride! We wished hard for September - but got Disco Inferno, which was a total blast. I will definitely try and ride it at least once more this trip.
After that, time to Thank the Phoenicians and smell my favorite smell (the burning of Alexandria). We got stuck for quite awhile - so I spent some QT with this sassy scientist.

Meandered my way back to the Skyliner to head to DHS. The skies opened up while I was on the skyliner and I was able to yet again dodge the rain!
I bumped the Oga’s reservation I had planned to Saturday because I remembered that I had to drive…I’d only had a couple snacks and some yeasted waters since noon - another drink was not a good idea. Off to my first love Star Tours - then ducked over to Rise before park close. Rise was a MESS. It was practically walk-on but it is so broken. The canons don’t fire, the ATATs were nodding their guns, Kylo was in alternate B mode (can we just call it C mode?)…we kept stopping, and our car had ZERO character dialogue, just score. The other people in my ride vehicle were very confused as to what was happening. That ride quickly becomes disappointing when it isn’t operating at 100%. We did have fun with the CMs between pre-show and the transport. We were held out there for a few minutes and they had everyone cheering and clapping, that was fun.
After that, more shopping and back in the car to go to the resort.
Went down to Beach Wave to grab a real meal…I need to eat a vegetable, so of course I went with the meat lover’s pizza.

Actually pretty good! That’ll be breakfast too.

Up tomorrow: A Day at Universal and Moving Resorts! (If I run into @darkmite2 + daughter tomorrow and then track down @bay_loftis’s terrible son this weekend - I think I get a liner BINGO)

29 Likes

Opps! I don’t drink coffee! It’s a great amenity though!

We made it to close to 1am with having DD getting up at 4:30am this morning for her flight. We aren’t going to EPA. She wants to sleep in with no set wake up time.

I have a lunch reservation at Mythos 11:30am! Feel free to wave or anything if you see us!

17 Likes

:rofl:

4 Likes

5 Likes

Yay! Fun.
Hope you love it.
Fingers crossed for more liner meets :crossed_fingers:t2:

So it’s a liner meat lovers pizza??
:face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

10 Likes

Nice!

:tada::tada::tada:

:rofl::rofl:

7 Likes

Good morning from Surfside! Seriously, you can’t beat this:

I suffered from some serious decision paralysis this morning and discovered a hole in the shirt I was planning to wear…but I’ll rebound from all that once I have some of this life elixir.

19 Likes

These rooms are not really family friendly. Totally fine for me…but they don’t take different ready schedules into account.

All the lights are surface of the sun bright, this chain is super heavy and clangs against the wall no matter how delicate you are trying to be.
The light switch to the whole bathroom vanity/closet/entry situation is by the door. There’s no way to quietly get ready while others sleep.

12 Likes

Saw people heading towards the shuttle stop at about 6:54. Followed them and first bus arrived at 7:03 and pulled away at 7:08. It says Volcano Bay Team Members, but the driver assures me I don’t have to work at VB today and will be taken to IOA.

My brain is very, very good at shifting into autopilot when I’m exhausted. Perks of working the occasional 100 hour week. However, inconsistencies absolutely bamboozle it…so we have panic searched for my fallen magic band twice already this morning.

18 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

Have a great time at IOA!
What’s the plan? VC? Hagrid??

7 Likes

Those arey two main priorities of the day, I’ll start with VC I think. Did it take me until the bus ride over to realize I needed a different lines app for this park? It did.

7 Likes

Amazing AT-AT pic!

3 Likes

May I nudge you to reconsider? I’m not familiar with how familiar you are with UOR.
If you want to ride both today, go to Hagrid first. It’s line will not get shorter until very late (if at all).
If Hagrid is up and running first thing and you beeline there, then VC will still have a short line during EE.

9 Likes

You have me convinced. Will they walk us back like at WDW or do I have to know where I am going?

4 Likes

It is a lovely morning…but I am dreading that sun.

11 Likes

They don’t walk you back, but head with the crowd and it’ll be obvious.

As you enter Seuss land they’ll want to see your room key for EE.

The crowd will continue along through the lost continent where it will split.
Left for VC, right for Hagrid.

If the line is held within lost continent, then Hagrid’s isn’t running immediately. That’s when you can decide to backtrack and go to VC, or wait it out.

7 Likes

What a fantastic day. Those are pretty epic meets for your first two! We rode Rise straight after a breakdown and it was ridiculously bad - not on when we’d paid $15 each for the privilege!

5 Likes

When I put on my favorite yellow shirt this morning. I discovered a hole that just couldn’t be managed. But I am wearing my least sensible shoes!

16 Likes

And cute shoes too :heart_eyes::zap::yellow_heart:

5 Likes