Yacht Club Information

Just post any and all suggestions you may have about the Yacht Club. Trying to decide between YC and WL.

I can see how new topics are going to need to fight to be noticed. Make sure you get this under resorts as a sub category.

I have never stayed at WL but have done all the other Monorail resorts so I think I can give a comparison:

• I would do Beach Club instead of Yacht. There is no CS at Yacht and we like using that in the AM
  • The pool at BC/YC really is the best on property hands down. Like no need to do a water park
  • I prefer the pool bar at YC/BC to WL. Really good food and not just burgers
  • The level of energy is wonderful at BC/YC, you truly feel immersed in Disney. At night it really is magical
  • Super easy walk or boats to two parks is hard to beat
  • We use Epcot restaurants as an extension of the resort for dining options
  • Pirate Adventure for kids is based at YC - highly recommend this.
  • We like quiet pool rooms for swimming after the parks
  • Cape May offers character breakfast and fun dinner buffet
  • For a grand lodge experience I would direct you to AKL
1 Like

Thanks @MagicMN… Im still trying to figure out how all of this works… So far I like it once they work out the bugs it will be pretty awesome! I couldnt figure out how to get this under resorts. I tried.

We’ve stayed at both BC and WL and love them both for different reasons. Obviously, if you’re spending more time in EP, I would suggest BC/YC and if you’ll be at MK, WL is convenient. The pool at BC is fabulous, but huge, and could be hard to keep track of multiple children. YC is more subdued than BC and has no counter service restaurant, but many dining options are in walking distance. It’s a difficult decision - good luck! :grinning:

1 Like

It’s so difficult. Lol I’ve changed resorts I want to stay at a million times. They are all so great and all have such wonderful different things about them…hmmmm decisions decisions…

I agree with 100% of @MagicMN’s post. YC/BC are great, and I too would give a slight edge to BC because of the CS option.

1 Like

I loved my stay at Yacht Club! Pool is great it it quieter than Beach Club and close enough to walk to epcot, quick boat service, beautiful grounds. It’s my second favorite after Poly. Only went to WL to eat. It was pretty but pool was small.

2 Likes

My choice would be either YC or BC - I consider that the promise-land as Epcot is right there (oh and so is HS :slight_smile: ) If you have kids I hear that BC is better and YC is a little more adult oriented. WL is beautiful and the proximity to the MK is a plus - it all depends on what you want.

1 Like

I know people seem to like BC better, but YC tends to have a bigger RO discount % than BC - if that matters to you. BC not better enough for me to pay 10% more :).

:heart:Love Yacht Club. Wilderness Lodge I am less of a fan of, while its generally the cheapest of the Deluxes I also think that its the least deluxe, Deluxe!

Captains Grille at YC and also the Crews Cup are two of my favorite places to eat at WDW and Shhhh and you are walking distance to two parks and one of the better night life areas at WDW. Plus the awesome pool, lobby, CMs at Yacht Club are excellent too!

1 Like

So happy to hear all of the positive reviews of BC/YC! We will be at YC in November. :smiley: We were originally booked for BC but Disney moved us due to the upcoming BC renovation.

1 Like

@elslav Happy to hear that you love Captains Grille! I just booked two ADR’s for breakfast for our upcoming trip in January. We’re staying at BWV so I’m hoping that we like it just as much as Kouzzina’s :frowning: or better :thumbsup: Is CG easy to get to from the Boardwalk?

Yes its an easy walk… come out of BW and head to Epcot (go right) and once over the first bridge head left just past BC and Stormalong Bay and you are there… its really not far at all.

2 Likes

@elslav awesome info! thanks :slight_smile:

Thanks yall!! Awesome info!:slight_smile:

We love Captain’s Grille. Dinner was delicious, and breakfast offers buffet (good for DH) or menu (dark chocolate waffles for me). Yummy!

2 Likes

We have booked YC for next October … Love that we can walk to HS and Epcot and the pool looks great. Having said that I loved WL too !!

1 Like

Sure @eslav - just blurt out one of our best kept secrets!! :frog: :anguished:

2 Likes