Xmas Crowds in 2020?

I see MK is an 8 out of 10 at WDW on Xmas Day.
I wonder if they’re changing crowd capacity for that day. The park was unable to be reserved on their website, they it turned ‘green again’ then yellow for being unavailable, then green again.

You guys have it as 8 out of 10, but if capacity is 30%ish max… what do you guys estimate to expect for that day? Also, curious, do they open early but only unofficially on xmas?
THANKS

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! Others will answer too and I can only respond to part of your query. The reasoning for availability changing for park reservations is due to shifts in entry type allocations not an overall increase in attendance allocation. I don’t believe they’ve increased parks beyond 35%

1 Like

Thanks. Interesting. I wonder then what crowds will be like!

1 Like

Keep in mind that after Disney opened parks to 35%, they haven’t really been filling up to capacity yet. They have been hitting between 25-35%. But given the state of things inside the parks, adding that extra 10% can potentially increase lines dramatically. The CLs given by TP are based on WAIT TIMES not actual crowds. If you increase number of people from 25% to 35%, and the lines are already a CL 4 at 25%, keep in mind that means a 40% increase in actual crowds! There isn’t much more Disney can do to mitigate the wait times increasing. I think they’ve done as much as they can to increase ride capacities, which means the best they can do is extend hours and having more dining available…but even that doesn’t help a lot.

In short, expect long waits.

3 Likes

Correct. WDW has been gradually ramping up closer to 35%. They may be adding approx. 1% more park passes per week the last month. So 29%…30%…31%…32%. This is just an example. Keep in mind that a 1% increase is 750 to 1,000 more guests at each park. I would imagine some parks will be at 35% for the Holidays.

1 Like