WWYD - Sept 2021 or Sept 2022?!

Help! I am stuck between doing a Sept 2021 trip, or a Sept 2022 trip.
Both would be that last week of the month, Friday to the following Sunday (10 days). 2021 is obviously sooner (2022 is so far away :weary:), but might be more crowded due to the 50th celebration, and some of the newer attractions might not be open (Tron, Guardians). By 2022 I’d guess both of those would be open, Epcot work might be mostly done, etc. - but it’s just so far away!

Whichever year we go, we probably wouldn’t be taking another DW trip for 2-3 years. I think last years September trip ended up being so good, that I’m afraid our next trip won’t go as smoothly. I was able to get fast passes for FOP, SDMT, SDD - everything we wanted, on the days I had planned, right around the times I had hoped for, for a group of 9. The crowds were so friggen low. We were able to check out SWGE twice and not feel overwhelmed, and only waited 30 mins each time to ride MF. All of my touring plans went pretty much exactly to plan. It ended up being the perfect trip for so many reasons - I’m nervous 2021 wont go as smoothly, but also don’t know that I can’t wait until 2022!

Anyway - wwyd? Sept 2021, or Sept 2022? Bonus points if you tell me why you choose what you choose :smile:

1 Like

I would do both!:rofl:

2 Likes

Lol! I wish - but our budget would weep sad, sad tears. My husband, too, actually :joy:

1 Like

This is my question as well!!! We would be doing October though-and I can’t decide if we want to do 2021 or 2022. We will try to rent DVC points so I need to be absolutely positive on what we want to do! UGH too many decisions!

Do the long one in 2022 and do a quick one in 2021 haha

1 Like

I could argue for either…but if you planning to go during the first couple weeks of September following Labor day, I would say you’ll have some of the lowest crowds of the year, regardless. As such, I would probably lean toward a 2021 trip to experience everything sooner, and then give yourself a couple more years for another trip later, after they are done with EPCOT, etc.

2 Likes

2021 because 50th anniversary

I am thinking everything will be ready by then

And then you’d still have the option to return 2022 if you wanted :wink:

2 Likes

I like the way you think! :smiley:

1 Like

A late September 2021 will likely have larger than normal crowds. The 50th anniversary of the opening of the Magic Kingdom will be on October 1, 2021, so I would expect 10s in every park with phased closures at the Magic Kingdom on that day, and very crowded days in all parks the days prior and just after. If your dates are early or mid September, I would still expect a more crowded that normal September, but nothing more unbearable that spring break or summer crowds.

1 Like