WWYD: Port Orleans FQ or Hilton BV Disney Springs

I went for jazz fest the first time which was awesome. I recommend it over Mardi Gras. I’m also not really into getting plastered and beads.

1 Like

I recommend going the weekend before Halloween, for the Krewe of Boo! That’s when the Krewe of Boo! does a Halloween version of the Mardi Gras parade. A friend and I went spent a long weekend in NOLA just a few years ago, and it was great! It’s a very family-friendly parade with lots of candy and beads. Many people watching were in Halloween costumes. We really enjoyed the NOMA (New Orleans Museum of Art) which has a large outdoor sculpture garden.

1 Like

My memories of the POFQ pool is it was one of our favorites on property - probably because when we stayed there my son was of prime pool age - but we always really enjoyed the pool. Very good slide, lots of little nooks to explore and stay away from other people if you want.

We would definitely pick FQ given those choices. The DIS bus service is so much better than the off site hotels that would definitely break the tie for us. The boats to DS just got back running which is a nice ride if you want to do DS and beignets…

1 Like

I wanted to make an emergency point of clarification:

The Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace at Disney Springs has the lazy river. It is, according to Google maps, a 21 min walk to DS.

The Hilton Lake Buena Vists is right across the street from Disney Springs. The pools are nice, but not luxurious (same could be said for the shuttles).

I didn’t want you to conflate the pros of these two hotels for your decision making.

I enjoyed the Hilton Lake Buena Visita and proximity to DS and would stay there again. I have only stayed at POR (awesome pool) but enjoyed the walk over to POFQ. For the same price I would stay at one of the Port Orleans hotels.

3 Likes