WWYD? OKW or SS? 2BR renting DVC for early December 2023

Oh!! I didn’t know this. I though it would be like the campgrounds. This will 100% not be a problem at all then.
I don’t think we will be getting a lot of QS now that I think about it. Olivia’s is fine for a couple of meals if need be and Mobile Order will be great. When we would eat at QS is when DGS will be napping so a TS reservation to sit down wouldn’t really work.

We won’t be packing the pack and play so no worries about that. But now I’m really confused. I could have sworn all of the floor plans for 1BR’s I looked at only had 1 toilet. I guess I need to go back and do my homework. I originally figured for the price difference from a 1 BR to a 2 BR I would spring for the extra toilet. I’m actually not too concerned with having the second BR. DD and DD’sBF are fine with a pull out sofa. They are young and their backs can handle it :joy:

We wouldn’t technically need this if we stay here. Unless I start thinking of saving $$ and doing a 1BR there and scheduling in a few more character meals :smile:

1 Like

They will give you a pack n play but 2 is probably too big. But he can have the little sleeper chair.

2 Likes

So it looks like the 1BR at OKW and SS have only 1 toilet. I really only looked at options that DVC Rental Store were showing as available. BLT Lakeview is. I was concerned with lack of playground area but I’m guessing they have something for littles to do other than the pool area. Much to consider. I want to book something this weekend before I miss out.

1 Like

Yes and they only have 1 bathroom.

2 Likes

There are two bathrooms, sort of, but one toilet.

1 Like

OKW will likely have to stick with the pull-out sofas.

But that isn’t relevant to the OP in this case, since they are looking at a 2-bed.

We loved OKW. I would happily stay there again. We were by the Bonnet Creek Road but it was shielded by trees and the golf course was between the road and us. Didn’t hear the traffic.

But I’d echo @melcort10 about BLT. So convenient. And yes, 2 full bathrooms. The 2nd one is small but has a toilet, bath with shower. Don’t write it off.

Also don’t believe that “so far away” nonsense about AKL either. The only park that really is a longer than average ride away is MK. And the buses are great. Both pools are fantastic, the Kidani splash pad is probably the best at WDW. And again, two full bathrooms in the 1-beds at Kidani.

The rooms that are wider at the entrance have a full walk-in laundry room; the others have the closet style.

4 Likes

If you go for a 1-bed at OKW you really want building 30 or higher. Those have 2 ways into the bathroom, where as the lower numbered buildings only have one door through the master bedroom.

Also be aware at OKW most buildings don’t have elevators.

3 Likes

I stole this from Trip Advisor so it’s not ideal but there is a little putting green at the top of the image and then the hula hoops and giant connect 4 to the right. At the bottom is a foosball table. I also wouldn’t write off the splash pad no matter what the weather with a 2 year old!

5 Likes

Plus there’s the community hall with all kinds of activities. And you can rent DVDs from them too.

3 Likes

I’m contradicting myself because we really enjoyed BLT but if you are having an Epcot heavy stay I would have to recommend against BLT because the monorail was really tough for us.

1 Like

I’m not sure if it’s a putting Green. There’s definitely a bocce ball court and shuffleboard on either side of the fountains.

1 Like

I could be wrong. I thought we checked out golf clubs. I did forget about shuffleboard.

1 Like

agree but nobody ever listens so i’ve stopped singing that song LOL

2 Likes

they don’t have french fries. if that’s a big deal for the 2yr old.

2 Likes

That’s a big deal for me okay?

2 Likes

Olivia’s does, and you can mobile order.

And Goods to Go do have boxes of Mickey waffles - who needs French fries when you can get those?

1 Like

By the way, is anyone else having problems trying to quote? If I Ty to highlight text the editor is highlighting the entire thread. It’s very annoying and a PITA.

2 Likes

that’s good to know about Oliva’s. My cousin was very put out by no fries because that’s literally all her 2 yr old ate that trip. The following year it was just popcorn. For a week.

2 Likes