WWYD and why?: YC or AOA suite? with poll! Update- comment 39

It was nerve-wracking! But definitely exciting to see it pull through. Thanks to @JJT!

4 Likes

This is extremely useful info, THANK YOU! :grin:

2 Likes

Apparently the lines are long, but I plan on trying the sky box at least once.

1 Like

Ehh hmmmm, posters and that double stick, snotty looking, non damage sticky things :joy:

2 Likes

I donā€™t know what youā€™re talking about and Iā€™m not even sad about it :joy:

1 Like

I use these or similar all the time for decorations and theme game night

1 Like

ooooh decorate our OWN room!! Brilliant! :grin:

3 Likes

U can give them a ā€œcarsā€ room with just some party decorations and posters!

5 Likes

It think is honestly tough. Could you split the diff? Iā€™ve stayed a Nemo suite at AOA and a park view room (I think it was categorized as garden view) in Beach Club. They both had their advantages. When we did the 10 day stay we did Beach Club and we set aside time for the pool and resort and we did walk to both Epcot multiple times and Hollywood Studios. That was wonderful. At the time the boats were running so to be able to take a boat back in the evening from DHS with our tired legs was nice. I enjoyed how much space we had at AOA and the theming was awesome for the kids but they were a little older than yours. But we never used the pool as that was a five day trip in January for New Years and it was crowded and we did parks every day from the crack of dawn till midnight. So we didnā€™t enjoy the resort itself beyond a meal or two and the room. As my kids age I prefer more space (and really two bathrooms if I can get it) but at that age sitting on the balcony would have been fine with me for morning coffee (which was when I became addicted to coffee having a baby and a 2-3 yo at the same time). I think Iā€™d go yacht club given your length of stay, the awesome pool and location and the age of your kiddos. But itā€™s a tough choice. I hate All Star Music btw but I like AOA so not all values are equal. The food court was better, the grounds nicer at AOA and the family suite was really nice to have. So if you go AOA I donā€™t think youā€™ll be disappointed. We did Wilderness Lodge with the bunk beds when mine were 3 and 1 and we were fine in one room.

1 Like

Thank you! We ended up booking at Yacht Club. I will surely miss having two bathrooms, especially when the baby is sleeping in the sink area of the one at Yacht Club. I told my husband we can always use the hotelā€™s if we really need to.

We have done that with using the hotel bathroom. It is doable and not really that big a deal. I think youā€™ll really enjoy that hotel. The Beach Club was probably my best WDW trip ever. The baby will enjoy sitting in the sand at the pool.

8 Likes

What a great picture!!!

She made her own ā€œhot tubā€ I believe it was! She spent hours digging the hole and carrying over buckets of water (that would mostly get absorbed into the sand so lots of water buckets needed). :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Here is the video of my morning taking two buses and getting to HS at 9am

5 Likes

Tho this is late to the party Iā€™m chiming in with a story anyway. :smile:

We were at Yacht Club in December awhile ago. So we decorated for Christmas. We had three rooms, so brought 3 little trees for the tables, wreaths for the doors, mini lights around the mirror in the bathroom. I canā€™t even remember all the stuff - mostly homemade. Six of us arrived first and decorated two rooms. Then we went to guest services to ask if we could decorate the 3rd room as a surprise. We were allowed in. When my sister and her DH arrived she thought Disney had decorated the room. She was only a little disappointed to find out it was just her zany relatives.

One more and Iā€™ll quit: Old Key West in September, but we put up Halloween stuff anyway: lights, Tink candy bucket filled with glow sticks for night time in the parks. Other stuff I donā€™t recall except for one door poster with a really horrendous looking witch, which we put on a bedroom door, usually open during the day. The 4 year old with us loved that ugly hag so much sheā€™d close the door and pretend (eek!) to be scared. Her squeals of terror were so fake they were hugely entertaining.

Definitely decorate your room!

4 Likes

Aww thatā€™s so fun!!

We even decorated the stroller. :rofl:

1 Like

Ooo with what?

At Christmas we used snowflake ribbon and in September we used fall leaves ribbon. From Hobby Lobby because thatā€™s whatā€™s in the town near us.

Wound the ribbon around the frame from the wheels up to the handle, making sure we could still fold up the stroller easily. I think it was a MacClaren Triumph stroller.

We also used a small battery powered string of lights on the frame. For Christmas I think we added some small ornaments some how, but Iā€™m not recalling exactly.

Oh, we had a color scheme of neon green and bright pink for Christmas. Mostly because those two colors had the most options that year.

This was the December we were in the Wilderness Homes at Fort Wilderness and decorated each room with a different theme. Deck got lights. The golf cart only had a big lighted homemade Mickey head.

It helps to be able to drive to WDW.

1 Like

Oh man, Iā€™m totally bringing our battery powered Christmas lights

1 Like