WWYD and why?: YC or AOA suite? with poll! Update- comment 39

Wow!! Thanks blow my mind. So darn smart, @SteveBloom! Thank you for that workaround.

All this info is helping so much, y’all!

2 Likes

Opposite for me! My kids are early risers and I am NOT a morning person. But we have trained them well to take care of themselves until we wake up.

At night, our kids are fairly deep sleepers so we can put them to bed and sometimes even get away with watching the tv and it doesn’t wake them up, even in a single room. But a suite is obviously better for that.

I would go for YC because of the pool and nicer room, but it’s not a clear choice. Benefits to both.

1 Like

I haven’t stayed at either one, but I voted YC because I’m totally a hotel snob and hate values with a passion. The colors are too loud and cheap looking. Also the pool is waaay better at YC. I also hate hotels with internal bus loops, especially with kids. Also, more food options at YC, especially with BC and BW all within walking distance.

2 Likes

Haven’t stayed in either myself, but I’m voting for the suite setup vs one room with a baby and a 2yo. The extra separate space is just so nice when you have little ones. At that age, I think the theming at AOA would appeal to the 2 year old more. Kids so young may not be able to use all the amenities of SAB yet so I’d save that for another trip when they are older. Actually, with such little ones in-room laundry facilities would be really nice too. You might think about looking at a DVC one bedroom or an off-site condo for that added benefit, or even a DVC studio - at least then laundry in the building is free! (A happy discovery in our BRV stay.)

2 Likes

I was going to say YC for the convenience of the walk and for Stormalong Bay, but your little ones are very little and any pool time will fully include both of you and maybe you don’t need all the perks of Stormalong Bay, but you do need theming.

I’m voting for AOA. Even though you could be up doing things in a one room YC once they are asleep, it’s nicer to not have to worry about how quiet you are. But once they are a little older, say 4 years from now, I’d definitely say YC would be the right choice.

2 Likes

I initially said YC for proximity to HS, but after REALLY reading your post, I think AOA would serve your needs better. M

3 Likes

I agree with the recent comments. Seems like AofA will be better for your specific needs, though YC by far is the better resort. If money weren’t an object, the comparable thing to do would be a 1 BR at BCV or BWV, but that is probably not worth the extra cost for such a small party.

2 Likes

One last point that was brought up earlier. You might look to see if there are any bargain 1 bedroom rentals for your dates at either BCV or BWV. I always look at those value suites through the lens “ what could I get for that money someplace else”. Also, Swan/Dolphin have some suites and they have been at bargain rates for most of their rooms lately.

4 Likes

Thank you for all who suggested DVC! It doesn’t look like there is any availability, at least on the dvcrentalstore I’m looking at.

Did you look at the confirmed reservations? What are your dates? We can look.

1 Like

I did not look at confirmed reservations- not even sure I know what that means :sweat_smile: my dates are nov 13-22

Bear in mind that this site is packed with enablers who will always choose the most expensive option!

Why has no-one mentioned the Skyliner?

3 Likes

Did you look at the price of the suites?

Suites are actually more expensive in this scenario :joy:

And fun fact, you can use the skyliner from Yacht Club after a short walk to the international gateway!

1 Like

I just assumed …

Yeah, but what’s with all the driving to Boardwalk from AOA?

1 Like

It’s to RD HS. You can’t use the skyliner to RD from AOA. Though you can get into the park soon enough to get a boarding group via the skyliner from AOA. But the people who are driving to Boardwalk want to beat the skyliner people, bus people, and parking people.

1 Like

Cheaper by about $1000.

1 Like

YC is that much cheaper??? And can walk to 2 parks! Would be easy decision for me. Haha

2 Likes

Thank you so much everyone! I got some really valuable input and I am most appreciative. You are confirmed what I already knew to be true, which was that there is no wrong choice and only my spouse and I can decide what’s best for our family. Ultimately, my husband is a bottom line kind of guy, And the $1000 Difference made the decision for us, so we are staying at yacht club! I am very excited. I am still somewhat mourning the loss of art of animation cars suite. Even as I was booking the Priceline express deal this morning, we were watching cars and he was loving it. But I am comforted to know that we can go visit radiator Springs anytime, and we have lots of resort time planned.

Now I need to go cancel my original res at AOA suite, replan and reserve all our meals, and figure out how the heck to do Disney with a Priceline Express deal. Like, linking magic bands, is it possible to do online check in, and all the other thousands of questions that I’m sure will pop up along the way.

If anyone has a previous post or a blog to direct me to for answers, that would be greatly appreciated!

Again, thanks for all the help!

10 Likes

That’s great you for Priceline thing to work for you!

2 Likes