Would you rather DVC points edition

I currently have 1 night at BC booked using points (22 so almost half my points), but I can rent a Kidani savanna view room for $286. I’ve never stayed at either resort so it would be a first for both. Which would you do? Save the cash or save the points?

I guess that depends on your future plans.

What will you do with those points if you don’t use them?

Kidani savanna view at that price is pretty sweet.

2 Likes

Probably bank them til next year. I ended up in a random situation with my points from so many cancelled trips so I ended up borrowing 18 from 2022 and now I have 55 to use by February which I won’t be able to so I just booked 2 random nights at the start of a larger trip. I can only bank 50 so I’m keeping the 1 night at BR, but I can bank the 22 plus 16 others sitting there unused.

Why can you only bank 50?

If you’re using them just to use them, I’d bank them.

That is a great price! I think I would save my points.

1 Like

How in the heck are you getting this price?! Teach me your secrets! I’m trying to find a deal for next month.

3 Likes

I only have 50 points on my contract so I don’t think I can bank borrowed points.

Oh right. I missed the borrowed part. Yeah once borrowed they stay borrowed

2 Likes

It’s called dedicated reservation rental. ShopDVC is my favorite, but most rental companies have them on their site too.

3 Likes

Oh gotcha. I’ve been watching those like a hawk but haven’t found one that matches my dates yet.

2 Likes

They are how my trip ended up being 10 nights instead of 5 for the 50th (5 nights OKW for $928) and part of my excess points bc they had 3 nights at AKL Jambo for $528.

1 Like

So I did it. Booked AKL and will bank BC points when I get the confirmation. I hope I can see the okapi from my balcony! And I guess I have no excuse to not go to Sanaa.

7 Likes

Be sure and get the “Bread Service.” :laughing:

3 Likes

No you didn’t :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

https://rentals.dvcshop.com/reservations/beach-club-villas-28694/

Saw this today. Not sure how close it is to your dates, but think it’s around there.

2 Likes

Thanks! My dates are 10/4-10/9. I appreciate the heads up!

2 Likes