Would you feel safe?

Surprisingly, not a post about Covid!

We’re doing a split stay, 4 nights BWV/5 nights AKV-K. If all goes well, I will have bags packed that will only be used at AKV. Would you feel safe leaving those bags in your rental car? It will be parked at both the resort and the parks.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi. I would if you have a trunk to keep them in, out of view like in a sedan. If you have a van or SVU, I don’t think I would.

4 Likes

We will have a 12/15 passenger van.

I’d take them inside your rooms, but I may have trust issues. :rofl:

6 Likes

Sorry. Not what you want to hear, but I’d take in, too.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t leave in vehicle

2 Likes

It’s clothes? In a suitcase? Not a laptop. Or family heirloom? Or Jimmy Choos . . .

I’d leave the suitcases in the van.

It’s a big van. Not as easy to look inside as a sedan or SUV.

I’d leave the suitcases under the seats.

Actually, I’d probably leave them on the seats. We spent a decent amount of time telling my grandniece’s Louisiana grandmother that our stroller was still going to be waiting for us when we got off a ride.

I mean, we can’t just drive on BWV for a qs meal.

eta: full disclosure - our house doors are not locked (don’t even know where the keys are) and the vehicles in our drive have the keys in them. I probably shouldn’t respond. :thinking:

9 Likes

You must live in small town USA :crazy_face:

3 Likes

I assume this is a space issue for a studio? Personally I’d take them in.

Could they fit in the closet? Looking at the floor plans there looks to be room between the balcony and table, or even under the table.

1 Like

I would just leave them in the car. I have left luggage overnight in a hotel parking lot in the back seat of a sedan, because the Christmas presents were in the trunk. Risky i guess, but they were fine.

2 Likes

Lol this is how my parents are. They are super paranoid when they visit here

1 Like

Leave them in the back of the van. They’ll be fine. I’d consider the back of a van equivalent to a trunk.

We did one trip where the majority of our luggage never left the trunk. Our longest stay was 2 nights, so we just brought in Electronics, Hygiene, Food and the clothes for that stay. I assume that a Disney parking lot is equally safe as random hotels in AZ.

4 Likes

This is total opposite of us. LOL.
On our road trips, we take off the entire contents of our hitch hauler and our hitch hauler, and take all the luggage into the hotels and lock the hitch hauler into the van. Granted, our luggage is actually out there behind the vehicle. My DH and DS have a great system and do it quickly.

3 Likes

We’re thinking of getting one of those. You would think that just the three of us and the Caddy’s cavernous trunk, we’d be fine. Camping though … We need our camp chairs, and our tent, and our potty tent and cooler and and. Then the inside of the car is filled with pillows and blankets. DH doesn’t start to pack the trunk until everything is placed around it. Even then a camp chair sometimes ends up in the backseat

3 Likes

Zero chance I would leave it. But then again we take turns going in for pit stops on drives so we don’t leave the car unattended. I have no faith that something won’t get stolen and I don’t want to take the time to file a police report on a trip in a strange town.

3 Likes

Lol I am also wondering where you live. I have dreams of moving to 30 acres and not needing to worry about locking everything all the time.

3 Likes

When we last stayed at that property (2019) we drove and had a split stay. We packed two sets of luggage and left the other one in the car for 6 days. No one touched it. It was fine.
I live in a bedroom community of Philadelphia on the NJ side, so I am not naive about these things…
It really was not a big deal.

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl: You have appropriate priorities…I like it! :rofl::rofl:

“Babe…all of our clothes are GONE!”
“Did they get the Lou’s?!?!”
“No, they were under the seat…but all our clothes…”
“It’s fine…”
Fast forward to waking around wearing Disney Jasmine balloon pants and Donald sweatshirt…and the most amazing Choos. All is well.

I’m having way too much fun with this.

6 Likes

It would just be clothes.

We lock our front door at night, but the back doors never get locked. In fact, because of our elderly dog, we leave one of the back doors wide open 24/7. We live in a city of 30,000, but a neighborhood of nosey retired folks that are better than any neighborhood watch!! :joy:

Now that I’m thinking about it, what is everyone’s opinion on leaving the rented scooter in the car overnight at AKV? We really only plan to use it in the parks.

3 Likes

It is a matter of risk. Chances are likely it would be fine. But you have to weigh the possibility that someone COULD try to steal something…so make sure what you leave in the van would be replaceable. Unfortunate, but replaceable.

But since it is unlikely anything would happen, I wouldn’t necessarily hesitate to keep some things in the vehicle that are replaceable. Still, if you can hide the luggage, it reduces temptation.

When I was growing up we lived in a place where we never locked our doors. Even when we were on vacation. House was wide open. But now, where we live, we have deadbolts and safety bars in our doorwall. Risk is higher now. So our behavior changes accordingly.

2 Likes