Would you do it?

Who do I gotta whack amiga?

4 Likes

Nope

1 Like

You can always get “lost” in the big new park you barely know… you go to the bathroom, six rides later you hook up with your party.

5 Likes

Maybe not ‘hook up’? Maybe ‘hook up’ has a different meaning here? :joy:

This was nearly my situation with my last trip, although I did get to do ride planning. And paid to upgrade my room. But timing, park days, flights, ADRs…all chosen for me. Never again.

3 Likes

if I was 18 again heck yes…but I’m 60…so that’s an absolutely not

2 Likes

that’s 2 hours and 25 minutes

1 Like

Can I say yes to the free trip, but choose not to wait in lines with them? Or do I have to let them make all the decisions in-park too?

1 Like

This is also a good point. If it was a friend who lives far away from me, I wouldn’t mind standing in all the lines and catching up.

4 Likes

I don’t know you but I have a big ol’ rainbow umbrella you can stick up someone’s butt. Although, I feel that may negate the terms of this free trip.

6 Likes

Don’t think I could do it if I had to spend the day with the person. Solo, but I had to follow their plan/non-plan? Yes.

2 Likes

Sure, I would do it. I have been to MK many times, don’t really care if we ride anything or not, or if we have a plan or not. If we don’t arrive until 11, at least I will be well rested. :laughing: I am all in for this free trip!

3 Likes

Depends if it’s truely a free trip. Do you have to pay to get there? Use time off work? Pay for expensive meals you wouldn’t have planned? It it was truly free then would depend on what my time is worth. I don’t think standing in line for 3 hours is fun so it i had no say in what I would ride then no. If they wanted to go for afternoon that would be fine but I would want it to be a more relaxing see what we can ride with short lines kinda trip.

1 Like

As I’m reading through the responses (including my own) I notice a pattern. We are all about the free trip where someone else does ALL the planning…EXCEPT for some certain aspect of that planning.

So, it would seem, almost universally, that the answer to the question is really just, “No.”

The question was:

(I added the emphasis.)

3 Likes

I’d be firmly in Camp NO. Not just no, but absolutely not. There’s a reason I’m a liner… I don’t wait in lines… I’m getting so spoiled that even the 30 min wait for FOP annoyed me.:rofl:

3 Likes

Depends who the person was.

2 Likes

Anyone who knows me well enough to go on vacation with me(regardless of where) would know I couldn’t handle this and anyone who doesn’t know me well enough I would not feel comfortable going on vacation with.
I mean, is this a complete stranger?!

2 Likes

No, Even if it’s free, that’s a couple days I’ll never get back.

2 Likes

Yes. “Free” headaches aren’t in my must-do list.

2 Likes

There are people in this world you couldn’t pay me to be around (as in I once quit a job to get away from them) so if it could be ANYONE, I would say no.

If it was limited to people that I wouldn’t immediately leave a party if i saw, then yes, as long as i wasn’t missing out on something important that day. I’m not skipping my kids birthday party for a well-planned trip with friends.

2 Likes