Would a Trip Now (Toddler & Infant) be Crazy?!

This was us when deciding where to go for our 50th wedding anniversary - DH is 86.

We were gonna take a trip somewhere and Disney is super senior friendly, too! We had a relaxing fun time.

If your trip works out half as well you’ll have a great time making lots of memories. :blush:

2 Likes

Same decision for my parent’s 50th anniversary. Disney was a great destination for my parents (in their 70s) my family (DH&I, our 2 young adult children), and my sister and her family (2 adults, niece who just turned 2) We had a wonderful trip with many amazing memories. This was in 2018 and I’m so glad we went. We all know what happened in 2020 but that is also the year my mom was diagnosed with lung cancer and she’s been in poor health since. I know my parents would love to return but her health is just not up to it.

All this to say, take the trip!!

1 Like

We’d love to return also as we really liked touring our way. :smile:

But there’s that but . . . :blush:

I’m so glad your family got to celebrate pre-covid.

1 Like

I took my 8 week old to Cabo San Lucas (with my 6 year old) for a trip with family while on maternity. It was super easy. And Mom needed that vacation!! It was best part of what was a very hard maternity for me!

I then took the same child to WDW / UOR when he was 9 months (older brother 6) over Thanksgiving in 2019. Baby Bjorn and stroller together worked great. So many rides you can take baby on in a Bjorn. Loved it!

I’m a huge fan of using maternity leave wisely to get a good vacation in.

Go where you want to be!

My only memory about travel then was we liked a one bedroom condo better than one hotel room, as it’s hard to be in a darkened bedroom or banished to a hot balcony for naps. In the heat, we found that the afternoon nap of the day was best in a cold, dark bedroom for the newborn.

However, staying on property may give you more benefits than a one bedroom off property.

Have fun!

1 Like