Worthwhile food/restaurants at WDW

There are lots of places around the parks for GREAT snacks. In MK I like Lava you Float at Sunshine Tree Terrace; Sleepy Hollow has fruit and chicken waffle sandwiches (both places are mobile order too). I want to try the nom nom & carrot cake cookies at HS but I don’t go there much. I would go back for the cheese cake at EC Sunshine Seasons. There are all kinds of food choices at EC for Fn’W festival. There is an app to use for the festival.

1 Like

Is that the cheesecake?

The Arts Festival will be going on while we are there. I looked at the FofA snacks for 2020 and some of them looked quite good. I guess they change every year, so I didn’t do any more than a general skim. Original plan made pre-lockdown was to do a split-stay and get the dining plan on the short on-site stay at the front, do our expensive eating then and finish off our snacks at FofA. I guess I should probably mention that we aren’t foodies. Original plan had two TS meals on our first day and I’d titled it “Eating Day.”

That is true about not being able to reserve what isn’t open. So, I guess I’ll get CRT for now, then cancel if they don’t change it. For the princess meal assuming both places are open and have princesses, I was going to let DD decide. When I first first started to plan, she saw the photo from Aker. on my screen with one of the princesses, Belle? She was captivated and said that we had to go there, that it was the main thing she wanted to do. Original plan was a PPO breakfast there.
Since then, I’ve been careful to make she she isn’t in the room when I look at Disney stuff. Crystal Palace will be a surprise to her. She adores Eeyore and even played him in a play as her requested part. I am going to make her Eeyore ears to wear. Stuff does seem to be coming back quickly. Like the indoor character meets.

1 Like

Yes disguised at a piece of cheese :wink:

1 Like

I am very picky about desserts and baked goods, so I can’t help. Except for Dole Whip and the Liberty funnel cake, I haven’t found much at WDW that I personally like. Most things just taste mass-produced, and thawed from the freezer an hour ago. They don’t even warm up cinnamon rolls at Gastons any more, unless you beg and plead.

2 Likes

I agree w/ you. The cupcakes are refrigerated which makes them meh (ruins them). @LTinNC82 swears by a crème burlee at CG… if I remember correctly?

1 Like

It’s their souffle. Soooooo delicious and they change flavors seasonally too.

2 Likes

Also the desserts at Narcoossees are some of my favorites on property. The cheesecake and banana tart especially.

2 Likes

oh yes… forgot about that cheese cake :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Travesty! A gag just thinking about cold cinnamon rolls.

Added Liberty Funnel Cake to the list, along with other things mentioned.

I have noticed that with cakes and cupcakes, the pretty ones always taste stale. Once I took a cake decorating class, I figured out why. You put the cake in the freezer between batches of decorating. So, it goes in and out of the freezer.

I love donuts but I am particular about freshness. 3 hours old is about the limit. At USF I asked about freshness of the Big Pinks that were on store shelves. He assured me that they were fresh. I just looked at him. Then he explained that every morning they add a mark to the box of all the donuts in the store. At three marks, they are tossed. Don’t remember if that was at three or after three.

1 Like

The peach crème brulee at CG was AHmazing!

5 Likes

We were pretty pleased with our food choices in June. Lots of on-site, but also hit several really good off-site places, mostly in the second half of the trip, but we might be a little more adventurous (sushi, Cuban, Ethiopian, Turkish…). Might be worth scanning our pics to see if anything strikes you. Our trip was very food-centric. :wink:

1 Like

We will be doing Sushi and Cuban. Particularly Cuban. I’m from Texas. We have Cuban, and a good version, but it is a drive. So, we won’t get BBQ in Florida but we’ll be all over Cuban. DD thinks that it isn’t a vacation without sushi or steak.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:

Yes, I’m near Houston.

We did do Flame Tree on a pivot this trip, but we generally don’t do BBQ in Florida either.

Where do you go for Cuban? We finally found a place about 20 min from us, but it closed.

Our favorite steaks at WDW so far are Le Cellier and the surf & turfs at Tiffins and Narcoossee’s. But there are a number we have yet to try (Toledo, Steakhouse 71…)

There are several sushi places in my trip report. But my favorite Orlando sushi experience was at Kimono’s at the Swan in Jan 2020 because the karaoke totally iced it (we didn’t participate, just watched). Not sure if they’ve resumed karaoke or not? :thinking:

If you get to Houston, we just tried B&B Butchers recently, and it was amazing. There is also a location in Fort Worth. Taste of Texas has been our go-to steak place in Houston for years. The Killen’s location in Pearland is excellent (haven’t tried the one in Houston yet).

I’d suggest that you consider Kimonos for sushi. It might not be the best sushi you’ve ever had in your life, but if you stick to simple nigiri, you’ll be pretty happy with the quality for the price, since you’ll be smack dab between Epcot and Hollyweird. It should come out to be not too much more than a neighborhood sushi joint at home, but considering that it’s in Wallyworld, you’d expect it to be overpriced, but it’s not. Suggestion: Ice cream treats for dessert at The Fountain, after.

Another worthwhile / iconic food, imo, is a Dole WHip, or Dole Whip Float. YMMV, but, any chance I get, I’m getting one. :pig:

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m not overly fond of the food choices at HS, and Kimonos is only a 15 min walk from the entrance. Or, you can catch the Skyliner to Epcot, but it’s still a 10 min walk (it is an easy way to work in a Skyliner ride though if that’s appealing).

In Dallas. So, a bit far for you. We haven’t been since pre-lockdown.

But I have a DFW “to try” list! :joy:

I thought I’d had a list of what we thought was worthwhile? Maybe it was too long.

I don’t know why Dole Whip is on my list. I can get them at Six Flags. But, I really want some at Disney. Maybe some varieties.

1 Like

The one I still haven’t gotten to try is the Peter Pan float.

I’m a huge fan of sherbet and 7Up floats, so it’s super high on my list now (the machine was broke on our last trip).

4 Likes

So I’ve got some bad news for you. On 10/1 they changed over to a lemon cone and no longer have the Peter Pan float. AND they won’t do a float with it and Sprite either. :pleading_face:

1 Like