Worthwhile food/restaurants at WDW

It’s their souffle. Soooooo delicious and they change flavors seasonally too.

2 Likes

Also the desserts at Narcoossees are some of my favorites on property. The cheesecake and banana tart especially.

2 Likes

oh yes… forgot about that cheese cake :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Travesty! A gag just thinking about cold cinnamon rolls.

Added Liberty Funnel Cake to the list, along with other things mentioned.

I have noticed that with cakes and cupcakes, the pretty ones always taste stale. Once I took a cake decorating class, I figured out why. You put the cake in the freezer between batches of decorating. So, it goes in and out of the freezer.

I love donuts but I am particular about freshness. 3 hours old is about the limit. At USF I asked about freshness of the Big Pinks that were on store shelves. He assured me that they were fresh. I just looked at him. Then he explained that every morning they add a mark to the box of all the donuts in the store. At three marks, they are tossed. Don’t remember if that was at three or after three.

1 Like

The peach crème brulee at CG was AHmazing!

5 Likes

We were pretty pleased with our food choices in June. Lots of on-site, but also hit several really good off-site places, mostly in the second half of the trip, but we might be a little more adventurous (sushi, Cuban, Ethiopian, Turkish…). Might be worth scanning our pics to see if anything strikes you. Our trip was very food-centric. :wink:

1 Like

We will be doing Sushi and Cuban. Particularly Cuban. I’m from Texas. We have Cuban, and a good version, but it is a drive. So, we won’t get BBQ in Florida but we’ll be all over Cuban. DD thinks that it isn’t a vacation without sushi or steak.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:

Yes, I’m near Houston.

We did do Flame Tree on a pivot this trip, but we generally don’t do BBQ in Florida either.

Where do you go for Cuban? We finally found a place about 20 min from us, but it closed.

Our favorite steaks at WDW so far are Le Cellier and the surf & turfs at Tiffins and Narcoossee’s. But there are a number we have yet to try (Toledo, Steakhouse 71…)

There are several sushi places in my trip report. But my favorite Orlando sushi experience was at Kimono’s at the Swan in Jan 2020 because the karaoke totally iced it (we didn’t participate, just watched). Not sure if they’ve resumed karaoke or not? :thinking:

If you get to Houston, we just tried B&B Butchers recently, and it was amazing. There is also a location in Fort Worth. Taste of Texas has been our go-to steak place in Houston for years. The Killen’s location in Pearland is excellent (haven’t tried the one in Houston yet).

I’d suggest that you consider Kimonos for sushi. It might not be the best sushi you’ve ever had in your life, but if you stick to simple nigiri, you’ll be pretty happy with the quality for the price, since you’ll be smack dab between Epcot and Hollyweird. It should come out to be not too much more than a neighborhood sushi joint at home, but considering that it’s in Wallyworld, you’d expect it to be overpriced, but it’s not. Suggestion: Ice cream treats for dessert at The Fountain, after.

Another worthwhile / iconic food, imo, is a Dole WHip, or Dole Whip Float. YMMV, but, any chance I get, I’m getting one. :pig:

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m not overly fond of the food choices at HS, and Kimonos is only a 15 min walk from the entrance. Or, you can catch the Skyliner to Epcot, but it’s still a 10 min walk (it is an easy way to work in a Skyliner ride though if that’s appealing).

In Dallas. So, a bit far for you. We haven’t been since pre-lockdown.

But I have a DFW “to try” list! :joy:

I thought I’d had a list of what we thought was worthwhile? Maybe it was too long.

I don’t know why Dole Whip is on my list. I can get them at Six Flags. But, I really want some at Disney. Maybe some varieties.

1 Like

The one I still haven’t gotten to try is the Peter Pan float.

I’m a huge fan of sherbet and 7Up floats, so it’s super high on my list now (the machine was broke on our last trip).

4 Likes

So I’ve got some bad news for you. On 10/1 they changed over to a lemon cone and no longer have the Peter Pan float. AND they won’t do a float with it and Sprite either. :pleading_face:

1 Like

:sob::sob::sob:

Maybe Disney just doesn’t want me to want to come back?!?

1 Like

What is a chocolate feather? Sounds good.
I’d be tempted to look for lime and bring my own dang sprite. Reminds me of how at USF, bartenders have to pretend to not know what a triple-whatever is (I forget the name) you have to spell out what it is.
I’ll be looking for orange Dole Whips, which I guess will be pretty easy to find.

1 Like

Sunshine Tree Terrace in MK or Pineapple Lanai at Polynesian.

2 Likes

Unless they’ve also changed, a couple of pool bars (including the one at Poly, accessible from outside the gated area by the launch dock), have lime dole whip margaritas so you might be able to get them to make one with sprite? I don’t know if it is premixed with the alcohol or not. (DH fetched a margarita one for me while I fetched food. It was a good “by the pool” type drink, but not cravable.). Looks like Pineapple Lanai should have.

You can do menu searches for dole whips or whatever here (I can’t remember if I already posted that link in this thread or not :joy:):

2 Likes

That chocolate feather looks neat.