Worth Buying Genie+ on MK Event Day?

The time is almost here, we head to DW on 1st Dec!

I’ve noticed that, for the 2 weeks we’re there, MK closes at 6pm each day. After further investigation, I’m guessing this is because of Mickey’s Christmas Party. In addition, the Crowd Levels for MK are showing as mostly 4’s for the 2 weeks.

This got me wondering, with a Crowd Level of 4, and the park closing at 6pm, is it worth buying Genie+ for any of the MK visits?

1 Like

I wouldn’t buy G+ for MK on a party day. Crowds will be low.

2 Likes

It depends on how saving time in line is worth to you. We used G+ (and ILL) on an MK party day a couple weeks ago and experienced 14 attractions between 7:30 am and 4:30 pm. Below is what we experienced. If we didn’t use G+ and ILL we would still have had an amazing day, but we would have done less. I’d estimate we saved a total of about 3 hours of waiting time combined for the 5 LLs. Is that worth it? Depends. Note: We had a group of 13 including 5 kids (ages 2-8) so that slowed us down a bit compared to a smaller group with all adults or adults/older kids.

RD: SM (about 15 min line)
Buzz
Speedway
Meet Mickey and Minnie LL
IaSW
Under the Sea
BTMRR LL
Lunch
7DMT ILL
Splash LL
PoftC LL
Snack: Dole Whips
Jasmine and Aladdin Meet and Great
Magic Carpets
Magic Carpets (second ride)
Tiana and Rapunzel Meet and Greet LL

1 Like

We still got it on party days, but that is because we don’t like waiting at all and were park hopping. But honestly, it wasn’t a necessity. Especially if you have Early Entry or get there for park open. We did many rides in the first few hrs with little to no wait. Even 7DMT was relatively short.

2 Likes

Thanks. That’s good info to have.

I’ll be honest, I’m leaning towards not purchasing it. We’ll be there for 2 weeks and will be spending 5 days in MK, all of which have a Crowd Level of 4. Whatever I can’t do on any one single day, I’m sure I can make up for it on one of the other days.

2 Likes

If my trip had been 2 weeks long with 5 days at MK (with projected CL4) , I would not have purchased G+ for MK. You should have many opportunities to experience the attractions you are interested in. Our trip was 4 total park days (plus a couple additional park hours on arrival day). We had 1 MK day, plus an additional couple hours on an evening at MK. We had to be efficient and use LL to get everything in.