WORSE? - Trip Report October 11-19

Your trip report was interesting and very well written.
As a Disney newby I have a question. What is the advantage of setting up split stays? I think it would stress me out worrying about the transfer of luggage and other assorted things that go with a move.

1 Like

I think it is mostly to have an opportunity to stay at two different resorts. E.g. if you cannot decide on one or would like to splurge on deluxe resort for a few nights.
Might also be if rooms are not available at your preferred resort for part of your stay.

Or to be in proximity to the different parks. IE stay monorail to be near MK, stay BC/YC to be near HS/EP

1 Like

Also, if you are booking DVC sometimes it is availability. I actually do it often because I love experiencing different resorts.

@linsalt I agree with @OBNurseNH 100% - you could include a print out of the blow-by-blow description of this vacation experience with your letter, and maybe cc it to more than just GUEST SERVICES. Send it via mail, that is still a thing, and it may get better attention if it has more eyes.

I would include reservation numbers (since you had more than one hotel stay, multiple people), key facts, etc, in the initial letter, and then copy the blow-by-blow copy of this description to the letter for clarity. Include the cost for the trip, whatever “facts” in the initial letter, and then they can get into the weeds in the background letter.

If you travel there every X amount of years, or if this was more of a once-in-a-lifetime trip, maybe include that information too in the top letter.

Finally, I would use the letter portion to voice the disappointment (not saying what you expect in return, just paint the picture so they can determine how much pixie dust to spread back your way, or not.) Give them a chance to make it right.

I hope you find some resolution in all of this… thanks for sharing your story.

1 Like