Worried about losing points what to do?

I use a spreadsheet I got from somewhere online that can track multiple contracts with different use years. DM me if you would like a copy.

1 Like

I have used a couple of apps:

This one is a paid app:

This one has a small fee for next year’s points:

They both have features to keep track of multiple contracts

This is my absolute favorite planning app and it is free.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/my-dvc-points/id1463317921

3 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

I just have to say that I am jealous of all your points. I have the opposite problem–I never have enough points.

3 Likes

I have points banked from 2020 Use year that will expire Feb 2022 (end of my 2021 use year).

I had 2 reservations booked with them, at WL/CC and AKL(Club level!) in Dec 2021. About one-third expire in this use year (the ones banked from 2020)

I recently changed my Dec 2021 reservations to free up some of those Dec 2021 points to book my crazy last minute trip in a week.

But because of DVC rules/protocols, almost all of my Dec awesome trip reservations points are the ones that will expire.

So if for some reason I cannot go in Dec 2021 for this dream vacation, I am planning to rent the points, connected to the crazy-in-demand reservations I hold (a week in December at WL/CC and a week in AKL concierge)

The point (and I have one) is that your points that maybe you cannot use will be easily rent-able this fall/winter, especially if on at your 7month window you grab a reservation at a desired resort, given the 50th anniversary. Post-COVID (we’re assuming). So think about booking at WDW at the best resort you can grab post-Oct 1 when your 7 month window opens so you can either use them yourself for a Great vacation! Or, rent them for a stay in a possibly insane must-go environment come fall/winter post-COVID WDW

3 Likes

Thank you for the good suggestions. Sounds like I need to set another calendar alert.

1 Like

Do you have a 700 point contract or 350 and 350 were banked?

350 contract. Cuz it was first/new they matched it. We have to bank by July 31st.

1 Like

My parents just went to Hawaii a week or two ago and they had a fabulous time! They stayed at Ko’Olina at a Marriott resort right next to Aulani. They walked the Aulani grounds and were very impressed (I’ve stayed at Aulani once and loved it). So sounds like even now with COVID as it is, Hawaii is a very lovely place to be.

I love your plan of visiting Hawaii annually and living close to Disney! That should be my dream but somehow I’ve locked myself into living in AZ for the rest of my life … :thinking:

2 Likes

It took 20+ years to move to FL permanently. There’s still hope for you :upside_down_face:. AZ the southwest is beautiful. Lived in NM b4. You are close to DL too.

2 Likes

I’m so jealous! How far in advance did you start walking? I’ve spent the last couple of months trying to jump in and there have been very few opportunities (at least for 2 bdrm). I am working my backup plan now - 2 1 bdrm reservations. I am already walking one and hope to pick up another in 6 hours! I’ll only get 4 nights instead of 6, but club level is why I bought at AKL!

So you will bank your 286 points to be used between December 2021 and November 2022?

1 Like

I didn’t walk it – I had the WL/CC reservation for 2 weeks in Dec 2021, and then kept checking and one morning found a single night at AKL concierge studio and grabbed it, and then kept checking as was able to build on it as more came free over the next few days. I am guessing that as others were walking days were released – instead of being on the leading edge of the 11 months I was working on the back edge – like 10 1/2 months. It was just lucky, and I hadn’t planned on a split stay, but since I got the AKL days I went with it!

2 Likes

This seems very likely. In July we will have to make a final decision about Aulani in September. I want to hope it’ll be safer to fly then or that we will feel safe to fly. Our original plan that was canceled was April 2020. We still have airline ticket credit hanging out there too. Don’t know how long they will allow use for those, afraid to look.

1 Like

Wow! That’s great! Any particular time of day you were checking, or was it just random?

Right around 8am – that’s why I think availability popping up was likely due to others modifying their reservations and dropping days at the back end

3 Likes

I just tried to book that second 1 bdrm, and kept getting the “we’re working on it”. Now it’s gone. Ugh. I will be persistent though!

2 Likes

The DVC site is really glitchy this morning (I was going to try to modify my March 6 reservation from a one bedroom to a studio if possible) – I cannot even view my existing reservations to modify, and the “Plan a vacation” tool just hangs. Maybe keep trying – something may pop up even though its past the 8am witching hour!

1 Like

I’ve made it to the last confirmation several times this morning, then it glitches out, then the reservation is gone again. Clearly I’m fighting it out with someone else and whoever happens to have it when the glitching stops is going to win! Gotta love Disney IT :rage:

1 Like

So if you cancel you can bank 350 (that will need to be used between December 2021 and Nov 30, 2022 AND use 350 points by Nov.30, 2021?