World Showcase - what's not to be missed?

Hi there! My DS17 and I will have time to stop and smell the roses at Epcot on this trip. He has a curious nature and loves cultural experiences. When we went when he was 9, he loved looking in all the shops and doing all of the kidcot stations. I would like to experience more on this trip. What are some of the things not to be missed in the world showcase? I know about the rides and the major shows, but I’m wondering about minor shows and diversions, shopping experiences (i.e. getting a pearl in Japan), food snacks (we have ADRs at Teppan Edo, Restaurant Marrakesh, and Rose and Crown on three different days), etc.

The Vikings in Norway, the drummers in Japan, Serveur Amusant, and Sergio are some of my favorites.

2 Likes

Snacking around the world is super fun! We did empanadas in Mexico, school bread in Norway, pot stickers in China, wine and cheese in Italy, macaroons and croissant in France, teriyaki in Japan.

Doing agent P (soon to be duck tales?) is a fun way to meander through the countries too.

Voiced of liberty is a highlight. Also the new GOTG show is fun, and I’m not really a GOTG fan but enjoy classic rock music.

1 Like

What countries do I find these in?

Serveur Amusant is in France and Sergio is in Italy.

2 Likes

Those two are my favorites.

2 Likes

Also the coco mariachi show is supposed to be really cute - we missed it and I’m sorry we did :frowning:

2 Likes

Since you mentioned shopping I have to mention the Mitsukoshi store in Japan, my kids love it. That and Mexico.

1 Like

Just want to say that I love this place. I eat relatively frequently at teppan restaurants (Benihana, hole-in-the-wall, etc.) and Disney’s is as good as any I’ve been to. I think we will make an ADR there for our May/June 2020 trip.

1 Like

The train in Germany. So many wonderful details …

1 Like

I’m in love with Voices of Liberty. Suuuper tight harmonies and the acoustics under the dome are :ok_hand: !

1 Like