World Showcase ?s

Our direction varies but we’re most likely to go toward France. Because there’s a lot of World Showcase that direction.

The other way you run out of WS after 2 countries and it is a bit of a disruption until you get to Mexico. UK is congested around the Rose and Crown which is off putting to some.

Plus there’s more walking space between France and the lagoon. You can often hear the drummers in Japan already.

Take your time. However much you see/do is more than you had previously.

Morocco’s restaurant Marrakesh is one of our favorites. We’ve missed it.

2 Likes

My father used to say, a squirrel is a rat with good P.R.

They are both rodents, but nobody ever called a rat cute :chipmunk:

2 Likes

And the sound of the drummers just draws you in like a beacon… kids (and adults) can get mesmerized.

4 Likes

Isn’t there a whole ride saying that rats are cute at Epcot?

4 Likes

Actually what I recall is some Frenchie freaking out about a rat in a restaurant and then chasing him around :fr:

2 Likes

Thanks for this post, I’m following along! I have two daughters ages 4 and 7, visiting 2nd week of Feb. Question - Does anyone know what time the Kidcot stations and cultural representatives are there/open?

1 Like

I mean I would just plan based on the rides.

1 Like

With staffing the way it is after covid I would definitely plan to visit after rope drop, by an hour or so. I would also not expect to find staff after 5. I might check to make sure, but not expect a CM to be there.

Enjoy!

1 Like

This is us as well. Usually split Epcot east and west because we spend alot of time everywhere. The good thing is, if we choose to do Genie+ it cuts down on what we need to make priority each day.

2 Likes

I, personally choose going down to UK due to the awfulness of the hill going from Canada to UK then France. However, I like to visit France first then go down because it’s my favorite pavilion since I spent several summers in France growing up.

1 Like

LOL. I’ve heard a select few say that.

1 Like

Agree with this- We love the scavenger hunts, and you can buy it at the shop right at the IG entrance. Bonus, grab your “prize” when you buy the hunt, that way you won’t forget on the way out.

I also just enjoy watching the entertainers at each country. Sergio is great, and so are the drummers in Japan!!

5 Likes

We did it for the first time on our December trip. Had a lot of fun searching for Olaf in each country. Made you notice a lot of different things in World Showcase that I normally hadn’t when either wandering shop to shop or just cruising through on the way to our next ride. Definitely would recommend as an activity to try. Likely depends on the kid if they will love it or not, but it is worth finding out. And if you claim your prize when you buy it, there’s no real loss if you only end up doing a few countries because the kids tired of the game…

2 Likes