WL standard room vs. CC/BR deluxe studio

Hello!
I’m looking for some input from anyone who has stayed at WL nature view rooms and/or Copper Creek and/or Boulder Ridge Deluxe Studio rooms.

I’m working on (re)planning our rescheduled trip for next April. We’re currently booked for 2 Nature View rooms at Wilderness Lodge. I’ll be traveling with my husband, DS6, DS2, & infant (room 1) and my mom & brother (room 2). When we originally booked our trip for this April, we were only traveling with 2 kids…but it looks like we’ll have an additional traveler by next April. With that being said, I’m a little concerned about space. I was poking around the Disney site and stumbled on the Deluxe Studio rooms offered at Copper Creek or Boulder Ridge. At first glance, the prices didn’t seem too much more than the Nature View WL room. I’m wondering if the slight increase is worth it. I’ve watched YouTube tours, looked at pictures, and read lots of descriptions…but I’d like to hear it from the TP experts.

1. Is the Deluxe Studio bigger than the Nature View?
  2. Would the Deluxe Studio be worth the higher price tag?
  3. Is there enough room for a crib without jamming up the space?
  4. Is the pull out couch in the Deluxe Studios comfortable?
  5. Is the Wilderness vibe still present in CC & BR? (Wilderness Lodge is by far our #1 resort choice. I’m willing to branch out to CC/BR because they’re on the same property and carry the theme to a certain extent. But would we be missing out on the true WL theme by straying to the DVC properties?)
  6. If it was your choice, would you choose WL, CC, or BR?

I appreciate any and all input you all have on this.
THANK YOU!!

1 Like

I can’t answer any of the rest of your post. But in terms of the WL vibe being present at BR I will say absolutely without a doubt. BR is definitely quieter than WL just given that the WL lobby sees so much traffic. But the rest? Idyllic. I visited there in January and spent the better part of the afternoon wandering around first the hotel side and then BR. I was amazed at how much it felt like one and the same. It made me long to stay there eventually, in a way I hadn’t quite had the desire to beforehand.

3 Likes

Not sure about size comparison but make sure that you are space planning for your double stroller as well as crib, which will make the room feel tighter. If there is an opportunity to fold up a bed or have a separate space so you can have crib in one space and stroller in another, I would pay extra for that.

1 Like

I’ve stayed in a BR Deluxe studio with 5 people total (all adults) and in an AKL regular hotel room which should be the same size and layout as a WL regular hotel room. My only first hand experience with CC deluxe studios is from touring a model of one. WL is the favorite or 2nd favorite resort for everyone in my family; AKL is the other favorite or 2nd favorite.

1. Deluxe studio is slightly bigger on paper than a regular room. 344 square feet for a regular room, 350 sq ft for CC studio and 356 sq ft for a BR studio. Importantly for us, BR studios can sleep 5 people with that pull-down bed. In practice, the BR studio didn’t feel any larger than the regular room. There is extra space in the entry way (this would be helpful for strollers though) and the living area is the same size. Plus, the studios have only one sink in the vanity area. The vanity area with 2 sinks at AKL had more space for getting ready in the morning. The shower/toilet area is the same. There is probably more storage space around the CC studio vanity though since the rooms are much newer.

2. the Deluxe BR studio was not superior to the standard room. We stayed in a studio because it was considerably cheaper (we rented DVC points)and could accommodate a 5th person (the standard rooms can only accommodate 4). Additionally, adult occupancy fees make regular hotel rooms more expensive for our party of 4 - 5 adults (it is an extra $35 per for each adult after the first 2).

3. I’m not sure about the crib. There would be more space for a crib in a studio room if you didn’t need to use the sofa bed, but once you unfold the sofa, it takes up a similar amount of space to 2 queens.

4. The BR pull out couch was no that great. I slept fine on it, but it was inferior to other pull out couches I have slept on at WDW. It needed a new mattress and it creaked anytime you sat on it. We did have a notice in our room that they were changing mattresses for the sofa beds.

5. WL vibe is absolutely present at BR. It is a separate building, but that makes it quieter as previously noted. My partner missed being in the main lodge; I think that is because the BR building is less grandiose. You are really close to the beautiful quiet pool at BR which has first-come-first served cabanas and quick access to Geyser Point. You are also close to the main lodge. WL’s campus is rather compact. CC studios are in the main lodge (they were converted from regular WL hotel rooms). We weren’t particularly impressed by the decor of the CC studios, but they are more modern than the BR studios with more USB outlets and storage space. CC deluxe studios vs BR deluxe studios comes down to personal preference. My WL-loving mom actually forgot that we toured the CC studios; that’s how forgettable they were to her.

6. If prices were the slightly higher for a CC deluxe studio/BR deluxe studio than a nature view regular WL room, we’d pick a regular room. If the studios were cheaper, we would go with BR deluxe studio.
    We would rather stay at AKL than in a CC deluxe studio.

2 Likes

I have stayed in WL rooms and CC studios. Although I love the main building, the BR building is just as desirable in my opinion.
The public areas are amazing. It is also where the fitness center is.

CC studios are concerted hotel rooms. During the day they have more room (only one queen bed) but in your case I think they might offer a little less space. They are newer. WL rooms were being renovated and BR was scheduled for renovations this year, but I don’t think I would count on either.

I believe the WL rooms are pretty similar to AKL. We put the pack and play in the bathroom sink area.

I think I would go with WL and BR as a consideration (and I am saying that as someone that loves being a CC owner).

2 Likes

Everyone else has given you info that I 100 percent agree with but I want to add that I have yet to find a DVC pullout bed that is actually comfortable. For me and my family, unless there were tremendous savings to be had, I’m never going to choose a DVC room over a regular hotel room when traveling in a party larger than 2. I think you’ll be happier in the regular resort rooms, personally.

2 Likes

I have had some wonderful DVC pullout beds (Kidani, GFV, CC, SSR) and some horrible one (BLT was brutal). I have to say, I was upgraded to a CC one bedroom and I could not walk for a week after trying to sleep in that bed (my DS had a similar experience in a studio a couple of months ago). I just don’t think you ever know what you are walking into these days.

3 Likes

The Poly has been the worst one we’ve ever tried. But I bet once they transition to those Murphy beds like they put in at Riviera, it’ll be much more reliable. Those actually look like a real mattress.

3 Likes

Thank you all so much for your valuable input :hugs: The information you provided will be really helpful while weighing our options. I think I’m going to keep the 2 WL nature view rooms for now and will monitor prices on the studios.

3 Likes

We stayed in a Kidani studio right before the BR studio. The Kidani pull out was perfectly fine.
The best sofa bed I’ve slept on at WDW was the AoA (Cars section) one in 2017.

1 Like

I read all the responses and all are excellent advice… BR studios I believe sleep 5, and CC only 4. There is one advantage to a studio, the kitchenette. That sink and microwave can be most helpful for the family. The reuglar WL resort room has no extra sink, plates, toaster, or micro. They only have a mini fridge and a coffee maker of some sort. Since WL, CC, and BR share amenities the ambiance will be wonderful wherever you stay. Lastly, The WL will reopen June 6, 2021. My gut is they might begin renovations on BR shortly after WL reopens. The reply regarding the extra $35 per person after 2 is quite true. I do believe CC would be rather tight with stroller, crib, however they do have space for crib in bathroom area. If a one bedroom at BR or Copper Creek fits in your budget the upgrade is a full kitchen and substantially more space. I know this a dated reply, but it may be helpful to those with the same decision to make.

3 Likes