WIshes Fireworks Dessert Party?

Our ADR opened today, so debating whether or not to get one for the Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party on one of the nights we are there. Thoughts on this? Or are we just better off saving the $175 and watching the fireworks from the park?

We did the Tomorrowland Terrace dessert party last year, and while I’m glad we did it, I wouldn’t do it again. You can only eat so many tiny desserts before you get a stomach ache. It’s a good place to watch the show, but there are plenty of other places to watch them as well, and for less than $175.

That being said, I think it’s a nice one-time thing to do. You’re plenty close to the action on the terrace, and you feel a bit like a VIP since they have little placecards taped to the table with your name on it.

If you’re pinching pennies, skip it. If you can swing it, it’s a nice experience.

2 Likes

I’d have to agree. We did it in 2012 and while it was a good experience, we weren’t really sure it was worth the money then. The desserts were clearly ordered from Central Catering and defrosted. There was nothing special about any of them and they stopped serving as soon as the fireworks started, when we would have quite liked to sit with a warm drink and let the crowds disperse a little afterwards. They’ve put the price up by quite a bit since and apparently upgraded the desserts but I doubt that the experience has been sufficiently enhanced to make me want to do it again.

All that said, value for money isn’t everything, especially at Disney. It was a place away from the crowds that we didn’t have to stake out hours in advance and that counts for a lot!