Wishes and MKEP worth it for fast passes?

Hi Everyone,

I am really going back and forth about the fast passes we have for our last day at MK on June 12th. We currently have fast passes for the MKEP and Wishes the night of the 12th, in addition to an Anna and Elsa visit earlier in the day. We are going to BOG at 7:15, so the timing of the parade should be good for us. We will be at MK Tuesday of that week as well, and have FPP for Mine Train, Peter Pan and Belle. Since we are getting up early and have character breakfasts each morning to help us get a head start, I am hopeful that we can ride the mountains and other rides with less waiting, and as of now our touring plan has us going on just about everything over the two days with minimal wait for the most part. So, I am wondering if it is worth it to use both fastpasses for the parade and fireworks. We have a 12, 4 and 6 year old, and the thought of staking out a spot for a long time isn’t appealing, and I don’t know how hard it will be for the little ones to see from a less than prime location. We are from Ohio, so we won’t be going back for a long time! Thanks for any thoughts!

I think it’s a good plan. It will be crowded even with the FastPasses. Just FYI. We found the parades and fireworks completely overwhelming and ended up avoiding them completely. I watched them from a far distance when I was solo, but my kids hated the noise and crowds. I think that’s a very individual sort of thing though. If you think your children will enjoy seeing them, then at least you’ll have a good viewing location with the FastPasses. Just be sure to scope out the locations and make a plan for getting there through the crowds.

Actually, I think I’d see how they do on your first MK day. If they show a lot of interest in the street parties and daytime parades, then they’ll probably enjoy having the FastPasses. The FastPasses provide excellent views, and put you right in the center of the action. However, if they prefer staying away from the crowds and doing attractions over and over, and freak out in the afternoon crowds, then you might decide to re-book your FastPasses. You can do it the night before or that morning for their favorite attractions. You can see the fireworks from the outside edges - back in New Fantasyland or Frontierland or Tomorrowland - if you don’t have a FastPass for them. Every person is different, and you can’t really know what they will prefer until you get there.

I would make 2 Touring Plans for that last day - one that assumes they’ll want to do the parade/fireworks FastPasses, and a second one that pulls you away from the crowds after your BOG meal. Then you’ll have options.

1 Like

Thanks for the wonderful reply! I so appreciate your thoughts!

1 Like

I love to chat about trip planning! Welcome! There are a lot of people around here with way more WDW experience than me, so hopefully a few will chime in. :slight_smile:

I used a FPP for the FoF parade and I was glad I had. I like the parades but do not like waiting for them. It makes the kids too antsy. I wouldn’t wait until the last minute to get to the FPP area if you want to be in the front.

I’ve never tried them for Wishes but will be for the first time about a week before you. I am hoping that it won’t be as congested as other areas as some of my kids have issues being stuck in the crowd. We’ll see how the goes.

Have a wonderful trip.

You, too! As of yet I still have the fast passes, although on more than one occasion I have been tempted to switch one out for 7 Dwarfs, but we also have a fast pass for that on the 9th, so I like the idea of doing something different with our fast passes. I am type-A by nature (elementary school teacher), so I know I will be stressing out about viewing locations hours before the fireworks and parade. For my peace of mind, it might be the best thing, even if it prevents us from getting on a couple more headliner rides. Enjoy your trip!