Wine & Dine Weekend 2024

Welp. If there’s one way to drag yourself out of retirement it’s to register for a race.

Or three.

DH and I are doing the 5K and 10K together at Wine & Dine
And I will complete the circuit with the Half Marathon as well, having registered for the Challenge

My legs are already tired, but I can also already feel the weight of those 4 medals around my neck and I cannot even wait!

Who else is in???

8 Likes

I tried to register. DH and I were going to do the 10k but it sold out.

2 Likes

Yay!! I’ll come have a drink with you at the finish line :grin::clinking_glasses:

3 Likes

Aw that stinks :frowning:

2 Likes

Yes!!!

3 Likes

Managed to register for both the 5k and 10k!! First RunDisney races ever, and first time back to racing since some injuries in 2017. Nervous, but excited. My boyfriend is going to do the 5k with me, and we’ve bought our post-race party tix for Sunday eve. I’m thrilled, but dang - that registration process was stressful. Took more than 2 hours and I had four devices going.

2 Likes

You aren’t kidding! I had seven browsers across four devices and ultimately used 3 browsers and 3 devices to complete all of the registrations!

I wanted to be sure we both got to do one together - so I did the 5K first in one browser.
Then I registered myself for the Challenge in another browser - I knew DH wouldn’t be terribly disappointed if he didn’t get the 10K but I knew I wanted the Challenge so I did that in a second browser (two of my waits “ripened” within 8 minutes of one another :flushed: )
Finally I went back and registered DH for the 10K - and minutes after I did I started seeing that 10K sold out right around that point. PHEW!

Congrats on your first RunDisney! You’re going to love it!

2 Likes

It does. I’ve never done a 10k and my DH was excited for me to train with him.

1 Like

So stressful. Glad you were successful.

2 Likes

Clearly I don’t understand how to register.

1 Like

It’s a lot like trying to get a spot for ROTR back in the day, or the hardest ADR, or a spot in Moonlight Magic or things like that. And it’s as complicated as G+

Someone in a group I’m in on FB provided a whole google document outlining how to proceed so as to have the greatest chance for success.

When I registered for Marathon in 2021 (for the 2022 race) it wasn’t nearly so hard because the races were just coming back and a lot of people chose not to register for fear that the race wouldn’t go off, travel bans would be reinstated, or they or someone in their group would catch Covid and not be able to run. This morning was NUTS.

1 Like

Thank you. <3 I heard that RunDisney does open up spots randomly for different races, and have had friends have success with signing up for notifications via RunDisAlerts (https://twitter.com/runDisAlerts) on X/Twitter and eventually making it into their desired races. Just wanted to share in case you were interested.

2 Likes

Whoa!! That’s awesome! Good for you.

1 Like

Yeah, I had major flashbacks to Ticketmaster queues and it was crazy! Thank you – I am so pumped!! I’m sure I’ll be around here a lot with all the questions.

2 Likes

I’m sorry @Dreamer :people_hugging:. Sounds so stressful!
Try again next time, don’t give up.

That is 100% true! I forgot about that @Dreamer ! Set up those alerts and you guys may get to go anyway! Training should begin in earnest around the first week of July so even if you haven’t gotten in then, pretend you have - at least for a time - and work on the training.

Many many people get in after the original registration date. Keep faith!

1 Like

As bad as Ticketmaster queues? Holy smokes!

Congrats on registering for your first race!

I’m thankful to all the liners who encouraged me to “run” my first 5k. The most fun I had in a long time!

1 Like

Worse! Because once you’re working the transaction with Ticketmaster your tickets are held for a certain amount of time

With runDisney you could be admitted to the registration site and complete everything and still not get in because the race sold out while you were working. Your spot is not guaranteed until you pay and receive confirmation! It’s nuts!

1 Like

That’s how it was for the Eras tour!
You think you have time to enter credit card info, but no. The advice I saw was to use Apple Pay to finalize the transaction as quickly as possible.

1 Like

I didn’t realize how crazy it would be. I haven’t done a race in years.

1 Like