Wine and Dine 2019 with St Jude

Congratulations!!!

1 Like

RD Soarin on way back to boardwalk

5 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like

So sorry I missed you in the starting corral, but I thought of you every mile marker because I knew you would be posting and connecting everyone here to your family’s incredible story and all of the great people who supported your run and contributed to St. Jude’s — you were an inspiration to me every mile!!!

Congratulations on your courage and love for your son, and helping other families to find care and cures for their children.

5 Likes

I was sad to miss you! Hopefully we will get another chance some day.

1 Like

10K PhotoPass…

4 Likes

Half Marathon PhotoPass…

5 Likes

And here’s a better photo of the medals…

5 Likes

All - I would like your input, criticism and all. Some out there have responded to this post with cynicism, suggesting that this was done as a “look at me” kind of story. That is not at all what I intended. So…

1. Do you think a “live report” for a charity race is a good idea, bad idea, neither?
  2. What do you think would improve the live report as I’ve done it here?
  3. Should I do a report during the Dopey challenge?
  4. Any other input, really…

You can reply here, PM me, or email me at jordan@RunJordanRun.com

Thanks for reading, I love this community.

While I’m not exactly surprised, I am still angered and saddened by this. Unfortunately there are people out there that feel the need to vomit their negative two cents at every turn. What you and your family have been through I wouldn’t even wish on those naysayers! Y’all have endured, survived, and are now celebrating. And you chose to celebrate by raising money and awareness for others going through what you have. There is nothing “look at me” about that. You are an inspiration and nothing less!

6 Likes

I was surprised. But looking back at it, I can understand their perspective. There are a lot of selfie photos, so it does seem to be focused on me. Honestly, I felt odd doing it, I’m actually a pretty private person usually. But I wanted at least a selfie at each mile marker as sort of a proof that I was “there” to thank the sponsor. Maybe that’s too abstract or strange an idea. I think next time I will focus on more scenery pictures and make it more about that than me.

1 Like

I loved reading your feed, and thought the photos were great. Ignore the noise.

3 Likes

Do not for a second buy into that negative messaging. Your photos honor the people who made contributions to a great cause — saving children — and who supported you and your family through a heartbreaking time and through the victory line. I already wrote this but I will repeat:: your story and posts were an inspiration to me. I have run many races, but still I walk up to the Start line wondering whether I’ll get it done that day. Your trip and race report inspired and helped me.

6 Likes

Well, you were the one doing the running! And for those that have followed your story, we know why and how you started running. Your son was the one with cancer, but your whole family had to deal with it. Seeing you turn something awful and traumatic into something victorious is, again, inspiring! I applaud you, and am grateful for the photos documenting your journey. You weren’t celebrating a run, you were celebrating your family’s victory. Your smile as you approached the finish line wasn’t about finishing a race, it was about finishing an ordeal. And it brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for sharing it!

3 Likes

I thoroughly enjoyed following along on your race and hope to do so on your next. You are running for a cause that could not be more true to your heart, that’s all that matters. You are an inspiration and as someone who used to run I respect what you have accomplished.

3 Likes

Omg! Couch potatoes picking on a Dad whose child survived cancer running so others can live??? Please don’t give those people another thought! Congratulations on some wonderful race! All the best to your family!!!

2 Likes

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I would still appreciate constructive feedback. Pretend I’m doing this without the personal story behind it. In other words I’d like to know what you think about the live report concept itself, and how it turned out.

#1. A live report is great if it inspires you and your friends and family want to follow you. Don’t worry about others – if they don’t like it, they don’t have to read it!
#2. I actually have never done live reports because its all I can do to keep myself focused for the race itself! I generally don’t take photos, because the effort of finding my phone and remembering to tuck it back where it belongs is just too much. So I would not worry about “improving” it unless there are other things you would like to post, because you are the one expending the mental and physical energy doing it!
#3. on Dopey, Well, yes, if it would make you and your friends and family happy!

1 Like